Trending

Charles had felt his hands shaking as soon as he realised #Verstappen was trending on social media. He had hoped that it been racing related but deep down he knew that it was more likely to be related to the events of the previous night. As he scrolled through the posts he felt hopeless as he saw the video of Max spreading around the internet. To all the world it looked like the Dutchman had been drunk and passed out on the side of the street. The comments were full of laughing emojis but it was anything but funny. Charles couldn't believe anyone would find the contents of the video amusing, even if Max had of been drunk. The Dutchman was laid out on the floor surrounded by a group of men laughing before they covered the Red Bull driver in alcohol, each man cheering the other on. When Max had complained that his body was sore, Charles had put it down to exhaustion but now, watching the video, he had seen two of the men kicking him in the ribs before stamping on him.

Max had come to sit on the bed, watching the video alongside Charles but it was Charles that had broken down in tears. The men had been Ferrari fans, his race number '16' emblazoned on their backs. He had felt sick and had rushed online to strongly condemn the actions and to condemn anyone who found it amusing. It didn't feel like it was enough though. Max had just watched with a blank look on his face, he remembered the men standing around him but as he watched the events unfold it was like he was watching someone else entirely.

It hadn't taken long for Christian to get on the phone. Luckily he was aware of the issues Max had been facing with his dad so had tried his best to shield the driver from the backlash of the sponsors. There were still meetings to be had though. Max had been reluctant to tell Christian he had passed out from a panic attack, telling him he had gotten drunk had seemed much simpler and much less likely to have a long term effect on his career. It never did Kimi Raikkonen any harm to be pictured drunk. Christian had given him a warning, although it had been a lack lustre warning just to satisfy those higher up. Christian was pretty sure there was more going on. He had given Max details of a registered psychologist and Max had, for the first time, agreed to consider it. However, in the following two weeks he hadn't mentioned it again.

Charles hadn't pushed it, he already felt guilty enough because he had decided that now wasn't the right time for him to come out given everything that was going on. He had seen the expression on Max's face change immediately and the Dutchman had disappeared off to go play some FIFA with Lando online. He didn't want to push Charles into coming out but he had struggled to hide his disappointment. He had been beyond excited at the prospect of telling everyone about his relationship, he just hoped that the time would arrive soon.

With everything that had been going on, Charles had tried to distract himself by preparing for Max's birthday. The Dutchman had woken up to a pile of presents and an even bigger pile of pancakes as Charles brought him breakfast in bed. Max had decided he would prefer not to go out and celebrate, the idea of the two of them spending the day together seemed a much more preferable option.

Charles had spent all week trying to decide how he could still make it special. He had organised a surprise video game party and the two drivers had logged online to spend a few hours chatting and playing various games with some of their closest friends, it was lowkey and perfect for Max. He had also given Max a massage which was meant to be relaxing but had inevitably lead to things getting a little bit more steamier than intended. As Max had gone to shower, Charles decided he had one more present that he really wanted to give to his boyfriend, a present he hoped with end the day perfectly. As Max climbed into bed, Charles handed him a gift bag and as Max looked inside he found Charles' phone.

"Are you gifting me your phone?" Max asked, more than a little confused.

"No, no, let me show you" Charles took the phone and unlocked it before going to his drafts and handing it back over to Max.

"I want to post this online, if you are happy for me to?" Charles asked as he watched Max reading the draft carefully. Max barely needed to answer, the huge smile on his face told the story and he pressed his lips up against his boyfriend.

Charles took one final deep breath before clicking post and then placing his phone on silent. He had promised to make this day all about Max and he was about to make good on that promise one more time. He lay a trail of kisses down the Dutchman's neck before moving down his body. Max let out a soft moan as he felt Charles' hands on him. Soon their bodies were entangled, mouths and hands all over each other as Charles' message went out for the whole world to see. #Verstappen was now trending for a completely different reason and this time the responses were overwhelmingly positive. 

@Charles_leclerc Earlier this year I was terrified at the thought of doing what I am about to do

@Charles_leclerc Earlier this year I was terrified at the thought of doing what I am about to do. @Maxverstappen1 you were there to protect me and you have been protecting me ever since. I will never, ever forget what you did for me. With your support and your love I am now more proud of who I am than I ever was before. So, I am happy and excited to tell everyone that I am gay and I am in love.

I want to wish my wonderful boyfriend @Maxverstappen1 a Happy Birthday. I love you more than I ever thought possible, you will probably never realise how much you mean to me and how much you have done for me. I am no longer content with hiding who I am, with you by my side I am happy to shout it from the rooftops. I can not imagine ever being without you so I want to thank you for making my life infinitely better. I may have made many mistakes along the way but if I have done one thing right it was letting you into my life and opening my heart up to you. Thank you for being you. I love you always. 

To all my followers, my friends and my family, I hope you will all be happy for me because I really, truly am beyond happy. 

__________________

I know I only posted a chapter yesterday but I really wanted to write this one so here it is, next chapter will probably be at the weekend. As always thank you so much for reading, voting and commenting. Hopefully you enjoyed the chapter <3 <3