Date Night

TW for mentions of injury/violence. I should probably slow down the amount I am updating but I'm really enjoying writing this at the moment so thanks to everyone who has commented and voted because it really helps with motivation <3 <3

__________________

There was a two week break before the next race in Australia but most of the drivers had flown out early to ensure any effects of jet lag had worn off before race day. Daniel had been like an excitable puppy the whole flight over, so happy to be back at his home race. He was also excited to play host and was determined to get the drivers together at some point for a meal and a few drinks at an amazing restaurant he had found. Max had nodded along as Daniel described how wonderful the restaurant was and how amazing the food tasted and how it had the best views. He loved Daniel's enthusiasm but he had been too distracted to concentrate as he had exciting plans of his own. He had just wished he could have told Daniel all about it but for now he had to keep it a secret.

After a long sleep and a cold shower Max was feeling refreshed as he sorted through his clothes deciding what to wear to go and meet Lewis. He had been texting the British driver for the past couple of days and although neither of them had directly mentioned the kiss Max was sure the messages from Lewis were becoming increasingly flirty. He didn't know exactly what was going on, he had no idea if Lewis was even into guys, but he did know that when they kissed he could feel Lewis' heart beating as fast as his own. He also knew that when Lewis asked if he wanted to go out for dinner to get to know each other a little better the only answer was yes. He just hoped he hadn't completely misread the situation.

They had arranged to meet at the bar of the hotel where Lewis was staying and Max had been counting down the hours. He couldn't wipe the huge grin off his face as he excitedly got ready. The bar didn't have a dress code but he didn't want to look too casual, he didn't think Lewis would appreciate him turning up in his Red Bull cap and polo. At the same time he didn't want to look like he had made too much of an effort. He looked himself over in the mirror. He had thrown on some black slacks and a mint coloured jumper along with some smart white sneakers. He desperately wanted a second opinion but he knew he couldn't exactly tell people he was going on a date with Lewis, if it even was a date. He supposed he could just say he was going out and keep the details vague.

He had wanted to call Daniel but the Aussie was out with family. Pierre was second choice but he wasn't answering his phone. He knew Lando and Charles were both at the hotel, Lando was far more likely to tease him about the situation so he decided to go for Charles and text the Ferrari driver to ask for his room number.

As Max stood outside Charles' door he checked the time, he still had an hour before he was meant to meet Lewis. He was now starting to get butterflies in his stomach, nervous about how the evening may play out. He knocked again starting to get a little impatient but when the door opened Max was shocked at the sight that greeted him. Charles had clearly been crying, his eyes were sore and bloodshot, there was a cut on his face and one eye was clearly swollen.

"Charles! What happened?' Max asked concerned.

Charles was trying so hard not to cry, his eyes were already burning, but still the tears came rolling down his face.

"They stole my watch" he managed to get the words out between sobs.

"Who did? Who hurt you?" Max asked as he shut the hotel door behind him.

"I don't know, I took a wrong turn and these men, they took my watch. I let them take my watch, I'm so stupid, I should have put up more of a fight but I just let them take it." Charles berated himself, angry that he had let this happen.

Max guided the other driver over to the bed and sat him down before kneeling in front of him to check to see how bad the damage to his eye was.

"Possessions can be replaced Charles" he tried to comfort him as he got up to grab a towel from the bathroom before gently trying to dab away the blood from Charles' face.