Reception

Bit of a shorter chapter,  I didn't intend to write the wedding reception but I know a couple people wanted to know what Daniel text Toto from Max's phone so I thought this was a good way of giving you an idea of what was sent 😂

_____________

Snapshot: Wedding Reception

Max and Charles entered the wedding reception to be greeted by large tables elegantly dressed with colourful flowers. The huge stained glass domed ceiling allowed the light to shine down and illuminate the space beautifully.

"It's amazing Charles" Max kissed his new husband softly. With the help of the wedding planner Charles had organised most of the finer details of the day.

"They've set too many chairs at the top table" Charles noticed immediately, over the past few months he had developed quite an eye for detail.

"Oh, that's my fault" Max started to explain, "and if you aren't happy with it I can remove it but I spoke to your mum and she really wanted your dad to be here in some way."

Max took Charles' hand and led him over to the top table to show him the seat that was to be left empty, the seat that was reserved for Charles' dad, a suit jacket draped over the back of it.

"Your mum gave me one of his jackets, it's okay right?" Max asked tentatively, he wanted it to be a surprise but he didn't want Charles to be upset.

"It's perfect" Charles wiped away a small tear and then pressed his lips up against his husband's.

The guests flooded in moments later, filling up the hall with laughter and chatter as they found their tables. Charles and Max took their seats at the top table next to their closest friends and family. As they looked out at all the people who had shown up to celebrate with them Charles reached and grabbed Max's hand under the table, squeezing it gently. At one time both men had been afraid to come out for fear of their family and friends disowning them but the sea of smiling faces was confirmation that, for the most part, everyone had been nothing but pleased for them.

As the day wore on the guests got a little rowdier, it was to be expected seen as there was a free bar and signature cocktails on offer. Ever the loyal employee Mattia Binotto was chugging down Red Ferrari cocktails despite the fact he wasn't too keen on the cherry after taste. He would have much preferred the fruity vodka drink but that was called a Sliver Mercedes and he wasn't about to be seen enjoying that.

The evening reception had been decked out with numerous activities, casino tables, a sweet bar, giant board games and a photo booth. In one corner Max could see Yuki sat atop Daniel Ricciardo's shoulders as he tried to place a giant Jenga piece on top of the ever growing tower. Daniel was swaying slightly, clearly having taken advantage of the free drinks and Yuki was clinging on for dear life. The other corner was occupied by a glitter bar, it had been set up for the children but Christian Horner was currently sat there getting his face covered with rainbow covered glitter.

As Max made his way to the dance floor he felt a large pair of hands dragging him into the photo booth. As soon as the Red Bull driver turned to see who had accosted him his face went bright red. His body was now pressed up against Toto Wolff in the confined space of the booth. Max had barely been within a few feet of the Austrian since Daniel had sent him a rather inappropriate message from the Dutchman's phone.

"You didn't call me for that one wild night of passion" Toto said completely straight faced and Max considered the fact that this might be one of the shortest marriages in history because he was about to die of embarrassment.

"Smile" Toto pointed towards the camera in the photo booth and smiled as the camera flashed, Max just sat mortified.

"You're right, it would have been wonderful" Toto said, a small smirk now appearing on his face.

The flash of the camera went off again, taking a second and third photo.

"Don't look so worried Max, I knew it was your stag night" Toto laughed, "I didn't really think you wanted me to give you the ride of your life"

As the camera flashed for the final time Max just sat frozen wishing the ground would swallow him up.

"I'll let you keep those photos as a memento" Toto winked as he stepped out of the photo booth.

Max looked down at the four passport sized photos, he could see his face getting redder and redder in each one as Toto looked at the camera with a huge grin on his face. One of the most embarrassing moments of his life captured on photo to enjoy time and time again.

"What did Toto want?" Lewis asked as he approached Max.

"Just-, Just saying congratulations" Max stuttered as Lewis looked down at the photo in Max's hand and laughed.

"I just wanted to say how happy I am for you. For you and Charles" Lewis lent in and gave Max a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"And I'm happy for you, he seems nice" Max nodded towards Lewis' date.

"He really is, it's early days but I really like him" Lewis said, not able to hide the huge grin spreading across his face.

"Could the two grooms make their way to the dance floor"

Lewis laughed as he saw the slight look of fear on Max's face as the DJ announced it was time for the first dance.

"Wish me luck" Max said as he went off to go and find his new husband.

All the guests were gathered around by the time Charles stepped on to the dance floor and wrapped his arms around his husband's shoulders. Max's arms slinked around Charles' waist and the two of them held each other as closely as possible as the music started playing and the spotlight fell on them. This had been the part of the night Max had been nervous about, he had even had some secret dance lessons to make sure he didn't show Charles up, but now in his new husband's arms he didn't feel any pressure. He lent his forehead up against the Monegasque's and enjoyed moving gently to the beat, feeling like nothing else existed.

As the night drew to a close, Charles had organised one final surprise. Taking Max's hand he led him outside to enjoy the firework display. The two men stood hand in hand as the rainbow colours lit up the night sky. Each explosion more colourful and more spectacular than the last until the whole sky seemed was awash with energy and colour.

Charles leaned in and pushed his lips up against Max's. It was soft and gentle at first but as he heard Max moan slightly the Monegasque parted his lips and encouraged the Dutchman to deepen the kiss until their hands were sliding up each others backs and their tongues were massaging against each other eagerly. As they pulled themselves apart from each other Charles lent in and whispered softly in the Dutchman's ear.

"I can't wait to spend the first night with you as my husband"

Max just smiled as he envisaged scooping Charles up in his arms and carrying him through to the bridal suite. 

_________________

So yeah a shorter chapter but hopefully you enjoyed. Like I say every single time, thanks for reading and voting and commenting, you are all wonderful <3 <3

A few more bonus chapters to go, they will be spaced out a little - I am planning to add them once a week over the next few weeks and then hopefully if anyone is still interested I will be starting another Lestappen book at some point soon x.