05 - i would never do it otherwise

Song : The Weeknd - Wasted Times (Slowed+Reverb)

Rocco

I officially know that now, all I want to do is kill my father. 

Kill him for making me sign that stupid fucking contract, and kill him for threatening me. Of course he would, because there's no way I would do it otherwise. 

I run my hands through my hair and sigh out in frustration.  

I've never stared like that before, and I'm never going to again, but there's just something so... innocent about her. 

I don't give a fuck, whatever type of husband she was expecting, she's not going to get it. She can't be attached to me like that because she's only going to break her own heart when she finds out that I don't give a shit about her. 

I can't let her get into my head, or I'll do something stupid which will only disappoint my father, and God only know's I've done that too many times already. 

I need to stay away, or something is going to happen that I'll regret, and I can't afford regrets at the moment. 

I've never really cared for power, but if I want to rid myself of my father's influences, then I need to bust up my shit and prove myself worthy of becoming a leader. I can only handle so much toxic control, and twenty one years of that kind of abuse is enough. 

I situated Mia's room far away from mine in the hopes that I can keep my distance from her, avoiding any unnecessary contact. 

I can't let myself get distracted. I have a business to run and a potential mafia to lead and I can't afford to be a softie just because of one stupid girl my father forced me to marry. 

And that goddamn dog of her's. 

I open the door to my office, which sits away from the other bedrooms, off to the left of the house near the big living room. It's convenient for me to easily just open the door and be in the living room because some nights I'm too tired to walk all the way up to my room on the other side of the apartment. 

My office has those same floor to ceiling windows that offer me a wide view of the city. It's the late afternoon now, and the clouds have seemed to retreat from their place in the sky, allowing a light blue to spread and warm rays of late sun to filter through onto the floor. 

I fall back onto the sofa and stare out of the window, watching the birds fly by, completely unaware of me.

I feel my phone vibrate against my back pocket and fish it out, bringing it up to my face so I can easily see the alert.

It's the security cameras that are located next to the entrance of the elevator. I press on the notification and a live feed pops up on my phone. 

A girl. Her black hair is pulled up into a messy bun on the back of her head and she's trying to swipe the strands that have escaped, out of her face with one hand whilst holding that insufferable dog in her other arm. 

From this angle of her face, I can easily see the frown settled upon her lips and her deep blue eyes seem distressed. In fact, all of whole body language shows she's distressed. Her shoulders are slightly slumped and the black hoodie she's changed into seems to be falling off one shoulder.