15 - unraveling the truth

Song: Two Feet - I feel Like I'm Drowning (Slowed+Reverb)

Rocco

We have a mole.

And the first person who came to my mind when I found this information out, was Mia.

Of course she's number one on my list. I hardly know the girl, we suddenly got married and she moved in to my house within a day, per her father's request.

I don't know if I should be surprised or not.

I've been out for the whole day after that party and me looking after Mia's drunk ass, trying to find leads on anyone who could be a snitch.

All of the locations of our safe houses and departure ports have been revealed to the Russians, and the mole is clearly a clever guy because there is nothing on him that we can trace.

The only thing I know is that he has to be someone close to us, because the only people who know of those private locations are the board. They consist of me, my father, Gianna, Lorenzo and a few of my father's associates, who I know are trustworthy. 

One thing about my dad is that when he trusts someone, he trusts them, making sure he knows every single little detail about their lives and income and past acquaintances just so he knows what he's getting into.

It's the only thing I admire about him. 

It's been nearly twenty four hours since I've been home, because I've been too busy running around to every safe house in the state, making sure there are no traps or invasions that have gone unheard of. 

Nothing so far.

And I'm starving, my legs are hurting, and my eyes feel like they are going to drop off of my face at any second.

I've been avoiding going home, partly because I don't want to face Mia, but I know I have to if I want to find out if she's our mole. There's no other explanation for it, she seems like the only possibility right now, and I'm going to make sure she talks. 

Not torture.

I'm going to make sure she wants to tell me everything, and I don't care how I get there. I need to unravel the truth about her. 

I spoke to my father on the phone a while ago, and he told me to just torture her, but if she really is the mole, I don't want to make it obvious. She can't know I'm onto her otherwise she definitely won't tell me anything. 

I pull into the carpark beneath my building and park the car next to my motorbike.

I couldn't have used it today because of the amount of driving I'd had to do. Plus I couldn't afford to wreck it if there was an attack. Plus, I'm pretty much the only one who rides a motorbike in the clan, and my number plate would be obvious to who I am if anyone recognised it. I don't want people following me to the safe houses if I can help it.

I make my way to the elevator ad step inside, pressing the button for the penthouse, using my thumb to unlock the ID.

I need a plan, if I'm going to do this correctly, and I need to make sure I don't fuck up on the way. I can't let my father shit talk me about messing up anymore, and if I need to prove to him that I can do whatever needs to be done, I will. I don't want him breathing down my neck anymore than he already is, and with Mia as our top suspect, this job falls onto me alone. Seeing as I'm her husband and all, I'm the only one who can get close enough to her to find out the truth.