30 - moth to a flame

Song: Zayn - Unfuckwitable (Slowed + reverb)

Rocco

I have no idea what is wrong with her.

It's evident she's on her period, because she kept clutching her stomach and bending over in pain, and just before I left the bathroom so she could shower, she had asked me for pads.

She seemed nervous as she asked, but I wasn't oblivious to a woman's monthly cycle so I just got Leonardo to go to the store for me.

I don't want to leave her alone in the state she's in, and I know that something else is going on. I have no idea what she does at home all day, and I'm beginning to think that it's not a good idea for me to be away all the time. She isn't a child and I know she doesn't need a babysitter, but I'm wary about the fact that I still have things to learn about her.

Plus, there's the mole problem, but I'm starting to have doubts.

If I hadn't been there, God only knows what would have happened.

The shower is running, and I left it a crack open in case she needed something.

I've never looked after a woman like this, and although this certain one is my wife, it feels oddly intimate.

I had never wanted a second glance at any other woman I had slept with in the past because they had just been willing distractions, and even though I haven't slept with Mia, it's like I'm drawn to her like a moth to a flame. Silly really, but I feel like she's my responsibility now and I know it pisses my father off to see us closer than he anticipated.

I still have an unruly feeling about everything and his secret intentions, but for now, Mia needs me.

There isn't anyone else in her life she can trust, not after the night at the charity dinner, and I'm the only one here.

It's like my body took control of me and acted on autopilot when I saw her on that sofa, sweat creasing her brow and her arms limp at her sides.

I'd never comforted a woman except Gianna, and even then it was a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Since I had moved out a year ago, she had now become the victim to my father's disappointment even though she was a an obedient daughter.

The shower switches off, and I hear Mia begin to brush her teeth.

I fight off the urge to walk into the bathroom and check up on her. I'm sure she needs some space and I'll willingly give it to her, but now's not the time for pleasantries if she wants to get better.

I need to change out of this suffocating suit. My shirt is sticking to my body and I'm in desperate need of a shower to relax my muscles.

Work was a shit show today, what with all of the constant interrogations I needed to get through and the research that keeps backfiring and biting me in the ass every time I get a lead.

The attacks have died down now but I know that soon enough, everything will blow up in my face again, and with my father still breathing down my neck with his threats, I can't think straight anymore.

I need a willing distraction to take my mind off of all this stress, and cigarettes aren't doing anything for me at the moment. I've been reaching for them more than I ever have before, and it's not helping that everyone around me smokes either.