14 - i'm a coward

Song: Tyler the Creator - Garden Shed (slowed+reverb)

Mia

My head is throbbing.

I slowly open my eyes, being met with total darkness.

I can't breathe.

My head is stuffed into my pillow, and I roll over, facing the black ceiling. 

Why do I have such a bad headache?

It's pretty dark in my room, and the curtains are open, so it must be night time still.

What even happened?

I turn to my bedside table and feel around for my phone, switching it on to check the time.

7pm.

7pm? I couldn't have slept for a whole day, right?

The last thing I remember is getting ready for the party with Gianna, which was at 8pm, and then drinking the tequila that Ren had given me. 

After that, I think everything is just a blur in my head. There are fragments and flashes that I still remember. Tattoo's, brownies, and being upside down, but that's about it. Everything else is all black and hazy. 

The phone light is too bright for my head, so I throw it at the end of my bed and start to rub my temples, soothing the increasing pressure behind my eyes. If this is what drinking does to you, then I don't think I'm all for it next time.

I need a shower so badly, and I'm pretty sure I smell all like shit too, so I begin to get up, and fall back straight onto the bed.

My legs are so wobbly and unsteady, and my gaze shifts as I try to get up again but I reach out for the wall, letting it help steady me as I find my way to the bathroom.

I switch on the light and wince as the blinding intensity only makes my headache worse. Goddamn it.

I stand there for God only knows how long as I try to blink my eyes to get used to the light that fills the bathroom.

It's so quiet in the house. I wonder where Rocco is, I don't really remember seeing him last night after he came back from his mysterious meeting. Did he even come back at all?

I groan out as I remember how much mess there probably is left over from last night that will need to be cleaned up. 

I look at myself in the mirror and literally grimace at myself.

My hair is sticking up in weird angles and the mascara and eyeliner that was once perfect is now running in streaks down my face.

Was I crying?

One strap of my dress has fallen off my shoulder, and it's ridden up so far up my body that my black panties are showing.

I look like a fucking creep right now, and I'd be scared for whoever came in to see me like this right now.

I hear a faint knock coming from what I'm assuming is my bedroom door, and then the light patter of footsteps walking into my room.