34 - memories and the sound of ringing

Song: Chase Atlantic - ESCORT (slowed and reverb)

Mia

I miss Zeus.

I've never been away from him for this long, and although I know he'll be in safe hands with Gianna, I still miss him. A lot.

Rocco's house is an old looking stone building with a perfect little back garden, flowers and hedges growing around the edges and a small gazebo placed in the far corner, hidden away from any windows.

I don't remember much of last night when we got to the house, because I was exhausted and jet lag had caught up to me majorly, making me fall asleep in my plane clothes which were, unfortunately, not very comfortable.

I ended up waking up at 3am and haven't slept since, too preoccupied with thoughts of Zeus.

What is he doing? Does he miss me?

I hope he's okay, because I don't remember a day without him.

I rub my tired eyes and lean my head against the back garden patio fence, letting the early morning air wash over my face, the tweeting of birdsong and the smell of fresh tulips.

The grass around here is perfect, fluffy and picture perfect green.

I get up from the porch step and walk around to the flowers that sit at the edge of the garden.

Red tulips grow in a small patch near the foot of the gazebo, and I reach out to touch my finger against the silky smooth petal.

I've never seen this type of flower grow wild before. Usually it's daisies or the occasional rose, but by far out of them all, I think tulips are my favourite.

I bring my head closer and smell the fresh, sweet scent of them, closing my eyes to capture the peacefulness of the morning.

I think back to Zeus, wishing he was here right now. He would love all the colours and fragrances.

Soft footsteps break out behind me, and I turn my head to watch as Rocco walks across the garden to where I'm sitting.

He has bed hair, but strangely it makes him look even more perfect, with his plaid grey night trousers and white t-shirt showing off his lean frame, the tattoos peeking through the material, his eyes focus in on me and narrow slightly.

I try not to stare and instead turn back to the flowers, watching as a bee flies around, a soft buzzing breaking the silence of the morning.

"What are you doing up at six am? You should be asleep." His gruff voice sounds from right behind me and I turn my head to look up at him, his hazel eyes questioning and deep.

I shrug, slowly getting up and wiping off my bare legs that have those grass indents on them.

I changed out of my clothes and showered when I woke up, needing to be fresh and clean from the flight.

"I couldn't sleep." Images of Zeus pop up in my head again, and I look away towards the house. The back door is full glass and the wooden patio contains a small round garden table with two chairs.