12 - woah, tattoos

Song: Chase Atlantic - Cassie (Slowed Down)

Mia

I want another box of cherries.

Tonight I'm going to my first party, even if it's at the place I live, but still, I've never really been to one before, if you're discounting those boring, long Mafia events that my dad literally had to drag me and my brothers to so he could, and I quote, 'tighten new bonds'.

What bullshit.

Anyway, I'm currently helping Ren organise the sofa's in the corner of living room number one, so there's a massive dance floor. I have no idea how many people are actually going to dance, because I sure as hell wasn't.

Especially in front of people I don't even know.

"I have a few snacks being delivered here in about two hours, and then everything should be sorted. Rocco has a stupid selection of alcohol that he never, and I repeat, never drinks, so we'll just steal that for the night. Oh, also I invited Gia so you at least have someone you know apart from me at the party. Trust me, I know what it's like to stand around watching people have fun all night." He lets out a laugh, and it makes me smile.

He has this way of lifting the mood so easily, and I'm already comfortable around him, even if it's been less than twenty four hours since we've met.

He doesn't make me feel like a loner, and that's saying something because with my sorely lacking friends, I feel like I've made maybe more than one within the past few days.

I pull out my phone from my hoodie pocket, checking the time. We have three hours until people start to arrive, and I have no idea what I'm supposed to wear.

Lucky for me, with all the spare, boring time I had cooped up in my bedroom back home, avoiding the rest of my house, and pointedly, my father, I spent a lot of the money my mum sent me, one of the only signs that show she gives a shit, on dresses. So I do have options.

Maybe I'll ask Ren for help, or Gianna.

I hope she was okay. I hadn't seen her since that failed dinner yesterday night, and I know she was more effected by it than she let on.

Ren's bubbly voice breaks me out of my reverie, and I look up at him. "What did you say?" He shakes his head slightly at me before throwing up what seems like a tinsel ball in the air, catching it.

"Have you ever gotten drunk before?" His voice is curious, and he's still throwing that tinsel ball in the air as he walks over to me, slumping on one of the couches. I follow suit beside him.

"Nope, never." I reply. I've always wondered what alcohol tasted like, but I guess I never had any strong inclination to get drunk.

"Well, tonight's going to change that big time. You're going to be pissed by the end of it." At my uncertain face, he reassures me. "Don't worry, you won't be the only one. When I party, I party. I'm basically like a different person with a different dick, so yeah, be prepared." I let out an involuntary laugh at his words, and slap the side of his shoulder lightly.

He only rubs it in a joking way, pretending he's hurt.

"Fine, I'll get drunk. But you better not leave me, because I have no idea how stuff like that goes down. I only have an idea from all those TV shows I watch, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't amount to much when it comes to real life." He places his hand on my shoulder, and one on my cheek. "Don't worry your highness, I will take care of thou." My shoulders are shaking from laughter, but I try to keep up with his act.