19 - death wish

Song: Brent Faiyaz- Needed (SLOWED+REVERB)
Rocco

Another man dead.

God only knows how many more to go.

The break ins have been getting worse. Nearly every facility of ours, including our major depots, have been annihilated, and I still have no fucking mole.

It's pissing me off more than I care to admit, because now my father sees my progress, and he will decide to drop my efforts in leu of Lorenzo, who hardly gives a fuck about this shit to begin with. That's why I'm next in line for Don.

It would only make things worse if I was pushed aside.

My suspects haven't gotten me anywhere, and I've just ended up killing them because of their uselessness.

I sigh a breath of annoyance and walk towards the metal table, placing down my gun and wiping my hands on a fresh white towel.

I hate the feeling of blood on me, all sticky and disgusting and pointless.

I should have stepped back to avoid the splatter instead of standing there and enjoying it.

My thoughts wander back to Mia. I had left her on the sofa in the lounge, eating cherries and chocolate before I left for work.

I still wanted to know about her random reaction, and why she had hesitated with those fucking cherries of hers, but I could tell it was a sore subject for her. Maybe that's just another reason why I should keep a close eye on her from now on.

And that stupid fucking cashier. I swear he mouthed off about her being a hot catch, thinking I would go along with it, but all I wanted to do was rip his tongue out of his dirty mouth.

I unlock the door to the cell and close it behind me. One of the guards, Carlo, stands outside the room, staring straight ahead at the blank wall opposite.

"Make sure that shit gets cleaned up." I point my thumb towards the room with the body before walking away and up the stairs.

As soon as I open the doors to the main lobby, Ren comes charging up to me.

"Bro, what took you so long? Did you get the shit you needed? I swear to God my guy kept looking at my dick like he wanted to eat it. Fucking creeped me out." He shakes his head at the floor, a disgusted expression on his face.

He looks up at me with an expectant expression, and I shrug, putting my hands in my pockets.

"I killed the fucker." He was of no use to me anyway, and if I let him live, he would have gone rambling to his boss about our weakness and I couldn't afford that.

"Damn." Is all he says, and I finally think I'm going to get silence, but the bitch has to speak again.

"How's Mia. I'm coming over to see her, poor girl, cooped up with your fat ass all day." I clench my jaw at his words and let him continue to ramble on about how whatever his stupid thoughts are.

After that party at my house about a week ago, Ren had tried to steer clear of me after I had threatened to punch him.

It doesn't take much to scare the guy.