21 - anticipation

Song: PLAZA - Use me (slowed + reverb)

Mia

"You're coming to work with me today."

My head whipped up in surprise, seeking out Rocco standing beside the windows in his room, adjusting the black cufflinks on his sleeve.

"Why? I've got plans today."

His hair is slightly rumpled, but still perfect and his long legs stand firm in the morning light. His back towards me, but it only allows me to look longer at his form, the fitted jacket moving with his muscles and pulling taut against the material.

God I need to get a grip.

I'm still in bed, surrounded by the fluffy blankets I could lay in forever if he didn't have to wake me up with his loud stomping early in the morning.

His gaze turns on me, eyes narrowing a fraction as he walks a few steps closer towards the bed.

"What plans?" His voice is strained as he speaks, and the hazel in his eyes look cold despite the warming colour.

"Shopping." I decide to keep it vague. We've been planning a trip for the upcoming charity event, because I need a nice dress that won't make me feel out of place. 

I can only imagine the fancy outfits everyone else will be wearing.

Rocco narrows his eyes further, examining my face before speaking. "Rearrange it."

His responses are getting annoying, and I huff before throwing the covers off me and getting out of bed, doing a lengthy, dramatic stretch, rolling my shoulders and bending down to touch my feet. The feel of his eyes burns a path down my body, and I refrain from shivering under his gaze. 

If I don't stretch, I pull a muscle, and even though I'm only nineteen, I can't risk becoming a grandma so early on in my precious little life.

"I can't. Gianna will be waiting for me." He turns back around to face me, and shakes his head once. "You can online shop in my office. You don't need Gianna's help." He walks around to the end of the bed and takes the duvet in his hands, neatening it up.

It looks so odd to see him do such a mundane activity, and I watch him as he continues to make the bed, running his tattooed hands over the sheets, making sure there are no creases. I swear this man has OCD.

"I want to go out. I've been cooped up in this apartment for days now and I'm getting bored." My voice comes out just short of a whine, because I don't want to sound like a spoilt baby, but nevertheless, I'm getting bored with myself and Rocco's penthouse.

After Ren had gotten his phone back and found out that Rocco had deleted Gianna's number as revenge, we had continued to lounge around all day and watch movies in front of the huge flat screen. I ended up falling asleep with my head hanging half off the sofa because of the two oversized males squishing me, and I woke up in Rocco's bed ten minutes ago.

He regards me for another moment, straightening the pillows on the bed before speaking in that firm voice, leaving no room for argument.

"I'll take you after work. Now hurry up and get ready."

"But-"