35 - panic attack

Song: Ari Abdul - BABYDOLL (Slowed + Reverb)

Mia

A constant ringing

Faint screaming noises

A stabbing, deathly pain in my shoulder.

A face that looks like its come from the sun.

Black.

Rocco

The gunshots have stopped, but people are still screaming and lying on the floor with their hands above their heads, sheltering themselves in whatever way they can.

Glass is littered all over the floor and tables are turned over from the impact of people scrambling to get down.

My heart is racing at a mile a minute, and I look down to check on Mia.

She's looking at me, her pretty ocean blue eyes glazed over and her body trembling in small quivers like she can't control herself to keep still.

I spot a growing patch of red from beneath her shoulder and my eyes skim over where the fabric of her dress has a hole, blood smearing one whole side of her body, her perfect white dress ruined.

My stomach drops.

"Fuck, fuck ,fuck, no."

A heat flares up inside of me, and I feel anger clawing it's way up to my brain. Rage.

Protectiveness.

I rip a sliver of fabric from the hem of her dress, gently wrapping it around the wound as a makeshift bandage, but the bleeding continues, instantly soaking the white cloth.

I gather her up in my arms, checking one last time that the surroundings are safe again, before standing up and walking to the counter.

A few people scream when they see Mia in my arms, clearly horrified at the sight of her bloody body, but my mind is numb as I weave my way towards the back exit.

A hand clamps down on my shoulder.

"What the fuck happened to her?" Ren's voice floats somewhere in the back of my mind, but I'm too focused on getting Mia to safety and getting rid of that gunshot wound. My arms are threatening to drop, but I force them upright along with my legs so I don't drop her.

The bleeding is intensifying, and her eyes have rolled to the back of her head, her arms limp as they hang down, her beautiful dark hair matted with dried blood and specks of it splattered on her smooth neck.

"Call an ambulance. Now." I manage to force the words out of my mouth despite the way my muscles feel like giving out at any moment, but I stay upright.

I hear Ren speaking on the phone, and then he's by my side again, touching a hand to Mia's cheek.

Pale, cold.

I walk through the kitchen and around the back of the Cafe, through the alleyway that leads back to the front of the store.

I know I should check on everyone else inside there, but with an injured girl in my arms, it's not really my top priority right now.