25 - two innocent souls

Song: Cigarettes after Sex - Heavenly (slowed down)

                                              ~
The boy and the girl laughed together at a joke he had made.

They were inseparable, and anybody could see the plain adoration the little boy had for the girl as he stared at her, rosy cheeks and a smile that could win over the sun any day.

His father watched them with clear distaste on his face, turning to snap at them to be quiet as they continued to laugh out loud.

They were sitting in her fathers office, playing with small pieces of lego, trying to build a house but every once in a while he would stop and say something to make her laugh, just so he could see her smile.

Of course her father knew of the extent to their friendly childhood relationship, and he used it as a ploy so he could form an allegiance with the Italians.

No one knew what would happen only a mere two years later, but for the time being, they were the happiest anyone could be.

Not even the kids understood how far they would both go for each other, and it only angered his father more.

He was oblivious, of course, to the cunning happenings around him, and he would find out that later on, it would be the one thing that made him who he was in the future.

The girl liked to watch the boy play, admiring his hair and his eyes that shone a special type of brown in the sunlight. She didn't know the name of the colour, but she already knew it was her favourite.

Everything about him was her favourite, and she often wondered about how someone could be so perfect. God must really love them.

His brother would always make fun of him and the way he would always want to see her, but he didn't care. None of the mean words ever changed the way he felt, even if he didn't know it then.

An innocence no one could break.
                                               ~

Mia

The charity gala is in an hour.

The events of yesterday were mostly a blur of people and choices. When I woke up in Rocco's bed, there were multiple voices downstairs that I figured had awoken me.

It seemed that someone had brought an entire dress shop in Rocco's living room, with racks and racks of floor length to short dresses, high heeled and accessories that matched each individual piece of clothing.

It was a beautiful sight, and I ended up picking a white floor length dress with a slit in my right thigh.