- Smart -

With a groan, you slam your locker and roll your eyes at your stupidity.

This had been the fourth time you've failed a math test and the teacher had already warned you that any more bad grades could lead to being held back a year.

And If there's one thing you don't want in life, its that.

You look around the school halls, watching all the happy faces of everyone who got high grades and had perfect scores. You can't help but envy every single one of those lucky mother fuckers.

It wasn't your fault you were very smart— well, you did choose not to listen in class. But, the teacher explains things too fast for you to under stand anyway.

Looking down at the floor, you mentally kick yourself. Wondering how you could've been so ignorant to the point where its starting to have an impact on your life.

But your thoughts were cut short by the sound of someone clearing their throat.

Flinching lightly you spin around to the source and spot a girl with two braids in her hair standing infront of you with a small smile on her face.

"Hey, I'm Gwen."

You furrow your eyebrows in confusion.

"Uh, hi Gwen. I'm Y/n."

The girl smiles, extremely happy for some apparent reason.

"I know. And I couldn't help but notice you're failing math."

You squint your eyes at her. How the hell would she know your failing. "And how have you seemed to notice?"

Gwen's eyes widen the slightest bit before shooting in a direction before snapping back to you in a flash. But this didn't go unnoticed by you, and you turned your head to see a curly haired boy staring at you from down the hall.

He notices you've caught him and quickly hides himself behind the locker door he was holding open. You continue to stare in the direction and his head pops back out to look at you before zipping back behind the locker door, acting as if you hadn't just caught him staring...twice.

You look back at Gwen and raise your eyebrow. "What does he have to do with anyone of this." You ask, nodding your head in the direction of the boy.

Gwen sighs, "look, thats my brother. He has a crush on you and he knows you're failing math, so he asked me to come here and convince you to ask him to tutor you." She sounds out of breath by the end of her sentence and you can't help but smile in amusement.

"Is he smart?" You ask.

"Very."

You smile and hold your hand out. "Alright, I'll ask him to tutor me. We'll come back to the crush thing later though."

Gwen nods and shakes your hand before her eyes widen and she lets out a gasp.

"Wait! I wasnt supposed to tell you that. So just, keep quiet for now."

You laugh a little and nod. "Sure thing Gwenny," you look over at her brother and wave your hand, motioning him to come towards you. "Whats his name?"

"Finney."

You nod at her and watch as Finney points to himself, looking around to see if you were waving anyone else over.

Laughing, you nod your head and wave your hand a little faster and he makes his way towards you.

"Uh," His voice cracked slightly and he quickly cleared his throat, cheeks turning a light shade of pink. "Hi."

You smile. "Hi."

"Hi."

Both you and Finney turn towards Gwen with confused looks and she shrugs. "I just wanted to be included."

You laugh at her before looking at Finney.

"So, your sister said your willing to help me with my math."

Finney looks at Gwen for a second before nodding towards you. "Yeah, i- uh, I saw you get mad at a test few days ago and thought that maybe I could help..." he's nervous, fidgeting with his fingers as he looks everywhere but you.

You don't know why, but you found it absolutely adorable.

"Well, I appreciate your observations. And I really could use some help if that isn't too much of a problem."

Finney stops twiddling with his fingers and his eyes meet yours, hope filling his body. "Really?"

You smile and nod. "Yeah."

Finney nods, smiling. "Yeah," he whispers, almost as if he was talking to himself. Which he was. "Uh, when are you free?"

"I'm free tomorrow, if that works for you."

Finney looks down lightly before shaking his head. "Sorry, I cant, I'm hanging out with R—"

"He would love to tutor you tomorrow!"

You, Finney and Gwen all turn to the new voice and you spot Robin Arellano sanding there with a smile.

You'd seen him get into a few fights here and there, he's not too bad.

Finney gives him a confused look, to which Robin winks and turns to you. "Finney has no plans tomorrow, he will happily help you with math."

You smile, nodding. "Great! I'll see you tomorrow Finney. uhm here," You turn around and grab a notebook from your locker, ripping out a page before writing on the paper and holding it out to Finney. "Thats my address, come around any time."

Finney smiles, taking the paper just as the bell rings.

You smile back at him before waving at the three. "I gotta get to class, but I'll see you guys around."

They nod and watch you walk off to your next class before Robin and Gwen turn to Finney, who is now smiling like an idiot.

"Awww, Finney is so happy!"

Finney snaps out of his small daydream, rolling his eyes at his sister.

"Shut up," Finney quickly turns to Robin. "And I thought you were going to show me chainsaw massacre tomorrow?"

Robin shrugs. "That can wait. I had to help you get your girl first."

Finney blushes lightly before pushing him playfully. "You shut up too, you're just like Gwenny."

Gwen and Robin laugh before the three head to their next classes, Finney excited for the day ahead.