- Don't need eyes -

Blind! Reader

(I've been watching daredevil recently and this idea came to mind.)

So, the blind that you are is different from real blind people. You're daredevil blind where you can hear heartbeats and shit.

———

You sigh, walking through the empty halls of high-school.

You're fairly new. Only been at the school for a two months and in that time you met Finney.

He knew what it was like to nit fit in and he's probably the nicest person you've ever met. Your best friend. He talked to you on your first day and described what everything looked like so you could picture it in your head.

You usually spend most of your classes in the hallways as school was just too boring for you and the teachers weren't very helpful as most of what they did was give you books and ask you to copy from the board. Both of which were useless.

Finney would just teach you in a way you could understand after school.

You weren't always blind so you knew what colours looked like and the basics everyday thing, like an apple or some shit. So that helped alot with picturing your surroundings.

Alot of people knew who you were as you were the only blind person in the school, some people even told you that you were the first blind person they've ever seen.

Gwen was also very welcoming, told you about all the bullies and bitches on the school. She's made you laugh more times then you could count.

Robin who you'd met recently as he was suspended was also nice to you. He even told you that he'd keep an eye out for any bullies and put them in their place if they tried to pick on you.

Robin loved how you could smell things from across the school or hear things no one else could. He thought it was like some cool superpower.

Bruce was another one of your friends. You didn't expect him to be nice to you as people described him as one of the popular kids. But he broke all stereotypes as he turned out to be just as nice as Finn.

Then there was Vance Hopper. As most people seemed to keep their distance from you, Vance didn't seem to get the memo.

Whenever you were around him or he would fall quiet and hope that you wouldn't notice he was there. But you knew. You always knew.

You're 99% sure that he hated you though. Whenever he noticed you sitting in the hall he'd freeze and quietly walk away as fast as he can, thinking you couldn't hear him.

You'd call him out for it but he'd either pretend he wasn't there or just he straight up rude.

Which brings you to right now. You were sitting in the hall, leaning on a random locker when you smelt the cologne and cigarette smell you've grown used to.

Vance.

He turns the corner before you hear his footsteps come to a halt and his heart rate pick up a little bit.

You smirk as you can hear him slowly creep past you, hoping you wouldn't notice him, but you did.

"Hello Vance." You said and he let out a huff of annoyance.

"Hi." He grumbles.

Nothing else is said as you continue tapping your legs as you hear him open up a locker.

Vance pulls out a packet of cigarettes, placing on in his mouth and placing on in between his lips. He looks over at you, seeing that you're just nodding your head along to the tapping sound you're making.