Chapter 2

Todoroki POV:

I just sighed.
"I guess," I said. Too be honest I was really tired even though it was morning, but I guess if Midoriya was going. So after waiting at the front of the dorms for a minute or so everyone came walking out.
"The whole class is coming?" Midoriya asked. By the time we got too the shops, everyone had forgot Iida's long speech on us being respectful seeming we were already known as UA students.

Everyone ran off leaving only me and Midoriya together.
"Are you going too buy anything?" I asked glancing at him.
"I don't really know," Midoriya said, "but I guess I might buy some weight. What about you Todoroki?"

"I wasn't planning on buying anything, so I'll just come with you." It was strange, I could've gone too a book store or simply just explore the place, instead my first instincts were too stay with him.
"Oh, you don't have too," Midoriya laughed scratching the back of his head, " it'll just probably be boring."
"I don't mind."

Midoriya hesitated but let out a sigh in defeat.
"Ok then," he said, "let's go!" As we walked we both had a conversation about some random topic I forgot about, but the way he spoke just felt relaxing even over the loud crowd. Suddenly, Midoriya stopped dead in his tracks, I did the same glancing at him with confusion.

"Do you hear that?" he asked. I glanced at the busy crowd only hearing loud chatter, laughter and...

Crying?

Midoriya POV:

I'm certain I wasn't the only one who heard it. The sobs were soft but loud enough to hear. I began walking to the direction of the owner of the voice, Todoroki not far behind. The sobs got louder and louder until I was facing a little girl curled up on the ground crying.
"Hey are you alright?" I asked in a soft voice crouching down too be at her level, "where are your parents?"

She slowly looked up, her eyes red from the crying.
"I-I don't k-know where my m-mummy is," she sniffed. The poor girl looked around 4 and is lost in this huge shop. I just let out a small smile and held out my and for hers.
"Don't worry," I said, "we'll find her." She took it and held my hand tightly, but it didn't hurt.

Me and Todoroki explored the shops in search of this girl's mother, and in minutes a woman came running too us with tears. The girl dropped her grip on my hand and ran into the woman's arms.
"You found my baby," she cried, "thank you so much!"
"Oh it was nothing really," I insisted, "we just happy too help."

"No I'm truly thankful," she continued, "you guys will become fine hero's." At her words, a warm smile grew across my face.
"It was just a pleasure too help Ms," I said. The woman and her daughter walked off and me and Todoroki went back in the opposite direction.

"That was nice too help," I sighed.
"Midoriya your hand," Todoroki said. I raised an eyebrow and glanced down at the hand, only too see burn marks on it.
"Oh," I mumbled as I began too sting, "that girl must of only developed her quirk. A heat type or something."

Just then, Todoroki grabbed my arm gently and led me too a bench. We both sat down and he gently took my burnt hand. Todoroki then carefully placed his right hand on my burnt one and began too use his quirk. I was amazed at how he could control the temperature too not give me frost bite.

"Your suppose too run cold water over it," Todoroki said, "however this'll do for now." He removed his hand and I glanced down at mine. I didn't feel it anymore and it'll surely heal.
"Thank you," I said. For a single moment, I thought I saw a small smile across his face. But that wasn't what I thought was surprising. What I believed was surprising was...

Why did I think it was cute?

Wait what am I thinking? I thought, Todoroki's a guy. Like me...