Chapter 27 (Final)

Todoroki POV:

My head was throbbing as I could feel myself waking up, except I couldn't be bothered to open my eyes. I felt exhausted as before reflecting off the other day. I was fighting the Nomu...I destroyed it...and Midoriya...Midoriya..

My eyes shot open as I remember what happened sitting up immediately but grunted as a sharp pain crossed my back.

"Todoroki you're up!"

I glanced over hearing my name to see my classmates standing by the side of the bed. I looked around discovering my surroundings to be a hospital. However I was in my own room alone, with no other patient. Not even Midoriya.

"We were so worried," Hagakure said, "you and Midoriya were found yesterday with really bad injuries. But we're just glade you're alright-"

"Is Midoriya ok?" I asked, "what happened to him?" Everyone looked nervous, glancing at one another.

"Unlike you...Midoriya had really bad injuries," Kirishima stated with a sympathetic looked, "apparently his skull cracked open and he needed instead surgery. We went to visit him but...he hasn't woken up yet..."

I was speechless staring at them before leading my gaze back to my lap, biting my lip feeling the guilt swell inside my throat.

"Alright," everyone including myself glanced up seeing a nurse walk in, "visiting time's over. Let your friend rest." Of course, everyone said their goodbyes before leaving allowing the nurse to tell me I'll after a few more checkups, I could be discharged.

"In the meantime just get some rest," he told me before leaving. I sighed laying back down staring blankly at the roof, for all I could think about was Izuku...

Eventually I was discharged and the first thing I did was visit Midoriya's room, only to see him laying emotionlessly on the bed. It broke me to see him in such state but there was nothing I could do.

"Please..." I whispered, gently taking his hand, "please wake up..." Of course he didn't, but I couldn't help but believe it was my fault.

I'm so sorry, I thought letting out a sigh. I couldn't remember how long I stayed but eventually I got up and left the hospital. When I did, I rolled my eyes seeing my father at the front.

"Shoto," he said walking up to me, "shouldn't you have been discharged a while ago?"

"They had to do a few more checkups," I stated blankly, "now if you'll excuse me." I wandered past him, for all I wanted now was to see my friends.
*

*

*
Days had past and everyone including myself would visit Midoriya, except I'd visit day and night. For all I wanted was to see him wake up, except every time I and everyone else would visit...he was still locked away in a coma. Again as I visited one evening alone, I froze seeing a lady sitting by his bed tears falling down her face. She green long hair and eyes just like his.

"O-Oh sorry," she said hearing me, wiping away her tears, "you must be Todoroki, Izuku's friend." To be honest, I wasn't certain how to reply but...this was Midoriya's mum so...

"Actually..." I continued scratching the back of my head, "I'm...his boyfriend..."

She was taken aback by my reply, except the warm smile on her that appeared reminded me of Midoriya's.

"I'm so sorry," I said looking down at my feet, "he protected me but..he got hurt and..." Just then, Midoriya's mother took my hand as I looked up at her.

"Don't blame yourself dear," she insisted, "you did nothing wrong. Besides, he loves you and didn't want you to be harmed. That's the thing about Izuku..he's selfless and worries about others." I glanced behind her staying over at Midoriya.

"That's what I love about him," I confessed with a small smile.

His mother had already been there for about a few hours so after a small conversation, Inko left the hospital leaving me to have some time alone with Midoriya. After a few hours of sitting by his side I eventually got up to leave.

"Todoroki...?"

I froze on the spot, hearing that voice. I turned around only for my gaze to be met with those emerald eyes.

Midoriya POV:

My body felt weak and was throbbing as I opened my eyes. My gaze turned to my surroundings as I recognize the hospital, then my gaze landed on someone leaving. I immediately recognized him by the colour of his hair.

"Todoroki...?"

He stopped dead in his tracks turning around for his bicolored eyes to meet mine. Todoroki just gazed at me with shock.

"Midoriya!" he cried and before I knew it, Todoroki wrapped his arms around me in his embrace. I was taken aback, but returned the hug.

"What happened?" I asked as he pulled, away, "all I remember- wait why are you crying?!" I was more than surprised and worried to see tears forming in his eyes. Did I do something? I thought in a panic.

"No it's alright," Todoroki sighed, "I'm just glade you're awake." A small smile grew across his face and just seeing it warmed my heart.

"Wait...but what happened?" Soon, Todoroki explained everything sitting on the bed waiting for my response.

"I was in a coma for a week?!" I cried taken by surprise. All I remembered was the Nomu grabbing me and I lost conscious, just the thought that I was out for a week was...scary.

"I'm so sorry..." Todoroki whispered catching my attention. I was confused by his sudden apology since he did nothing.

"You got hurt and I did nothing," he continued lowering his head in shame, "crap...I'm so sorry Midoriya." A single tear rolled down his cheek as I could see the pain in his eyes. Without think, I leaned in pressing a kiss on his cheek catching him by surprise.

"Todoroki..." I said with a smile, "don't apologize for something you didn't do. It wasn't your fault and I don't want you to feel guilty about it." I pulled him in a hug as he didn't hesitate to hug me back. The embrace lasted for an eternity and I never wanted it to end. He felt so warm, and I felt so lucky to have him.

The End...

A/n: Ok so I'll leave this here but thank you so much for reading this story and I hope you enjoyed. Now I'll be going to write my next ongoing story :')