Chapter 20

"Deku, are you ok?" Uraraka asked catching my attention. We were in class, but Todoroki has been avoiding me. All I could do is just feel awful that I was being so self centered, not caring about his feelings. Now I've just hurt them.

"Yeah I'm fine," I lied giving her a smile, "just tired that's all."

"Don't tell me you went to bed later again?"

"Sorry," I laughed. The bell went and everyone got up, relieved for the weekend ahead. I saw Todoroki walk out and I felt my stomach twist remembering the other day.

"It wasn't like that, we're just friends-"

"I know, but you should say things like that!"

"'Things like that?'"

I let out a shaky sigh grabbing my bag. I'm a bad friend.
"You're still here Young Midoriya." I glanced up see Almight with a warm smile on his face.

"Oh hey All Might," I said returning the smile.

"Do you have time to talk today?"Almight asked.

"Yeah of course."

As usual we went to the empty staff room and began talking about my training with One For All.
"Well that's good," Almight said, "and how are your friends going?" Hearing this, a silence broke through.
"They've...been good," I stated looking down at my shoes. Almight seemed too sense something was up and asked what happened.

So I told him everything.

I felt like crying, my throat clogged with emotions threatening too burst out with one wrong move. My eyes were watery and I had too look up too stop the tears from falling.

"I've been distracted with myself that I haven't even been thinking about his feelings," I mumbled, my voice breaking down, "I'm a bad friend."

Almight listened carefully to what I had too say until I finally finished.
"I think you need to talk too Young Todoroki about this," he answered taking it like a therapist, "your training is going perfectly, however love isn't in your way. Todoroki will be by your side, friend or more and is also there to help you like your other classmates. The same way as your there to help them. Of course it's your decision."

After hearing this, I felt a little better. I'd just been pushing Todoroki away because of my anxiety of how weak I was and didn't realize he'd be there to help me. I've just been shutting him out.
"I'll do that," I declared, "thank you." Almight just gave me a smile before I got up and left to the bathrooms. I sighed looking and the heavy bags under my eyes and my tired expression.

I rinsed my face and exited to go back to the dorms.
"Midoriya..." I stopped dead in my tracks hearing that voice. I turned around and it was none other than Todoroki.
"Todoroki," I said facing him, "I'm so sor-"

"No, I should be apologizing," he interrupted leaving me speechless, "I should've respected your decision and but I just snapped. I'm really sorry." His gazed soon met the ground in shame making me feel even more guilty. He didn't do anything wrong and is apologizing for something that wasn't his fault.

"No it wasn't your fault," I said, "I've just been neglecting your feelings, and my own for a ridiculous reason. I thought being in a romantic relationship would prevent a lot, but...I can't stop think about what I said and...I can't stop thinking...about you..." I didn't dare meet his eye, my face going a shaded red.

"Midoriya."

I glanced up, before Todoroki suddenly pulled me into a hug. I felt relaxed by his embrace, hugging him face burying my face him his shoulder.

"So..." I mumbled after a long moment of silence, "do you wanna...go out..."Todoroki didn't answer for a moment, but then pulled away and I realized he had a smile on his face.

"I thought you'd never ask," he said, making me smile hugging him again. He replied by wrapping his arms around my waist hugging me back and we basically just stood there hugging for a long time.

"Midoriya..."
"Hmm?"

"Can I...kiss you...?"

The question made my heart skip a beat, the place getting hot. We were still in school in the middle of the hall. Sure there was no other students, but the teachers were still around. I glanced up at Todoroki who was waiting for my response.

"You...you can."
He reached his hand to my face, his touch gently as he brushed his thumb on my lips. Todoroki leaned in closer too my face, our lips only inches apart.

Until he finally connected his to mine.