highschool sweethearts

hey guys :)
Yeah, never did get to do that whole "posting new chapters this week or next" thing.. sorry😭
Maybe be publishing that other chapter soon - the one I've been working on for like a year (from time to time) idek if it'll be good tho but I guess you'll see😌
Anyways, enjoy...

-irl type universe - no walkers
-Highschool Seniors
-Louis is popular bc he's in the schools football team and also bc he's rich... and obviously the good looks I mean come on😏😂also he's kinda a douchebag bc of the way he grew up
-Clementine was in their school for freshman and sophomore year but she got really sick and had to stay home and do school online. In 9th and 10th grade nobody knew her but she was a really good and humble student.
-After Clem finally gets better she returns back to school for senior year.. and this is the first time Louis is ever noticing her

•••

Louis slouches in his seat, his books in a messy pile on his desk. The chatter in the classroom is annoyingly loud... but the girls giggling across the classroom was even louder.

Louis turns to look at the three girls. Three blondes with giddy, blushed, and absolute shit ton of makeup on.. all staring at him. As soon as they noticed his eyes on theirs they all quickly looked away, their faces turning red with big smiles, even playing with their hair.

He scoffs with a smirk, turning back to the board. He was used to that kind of attention - got it about every day. But now that they were half into the second semester, he got it even more.

Probably because the girls wanted to fight even harder before school ended just to try and get him or impress him- probably why each one of them had their faces LOADED with layers of foundation, probably why some got spray tans every week or spent their day scheduling hair and nail appointments.

He rolls his eyes thinking about all the excessive things that went into beauty at their school.

Louis didn't date around.. sure, hooking up in bathrooms or having make out sessions was normal and a weekly or even daily thing for him, he still never dated.

He shakes his head to clear his thoughts when he feels a tap on his shoulder. "Hey, dude." Marlon laughs, taking a seat next to him. Marlon shows him his phone, a picture on the screen of a young woman in a bikini on the beach. Louis examines the picture, finding himself also laughing and taking the phone out of Marlon's hands to get a closer look. "Is that.. Brody?"

Marlon laughs, "Yup."

"Dammmmn." Louis smiles while Marlon boyishly giggles.

"Crazy, right?" Marlon gently takes the phone back.

"Crazy? That's fucking INSANE." Louis laughs, "And she had to switch schools this year" he shakes his head.

"I know right!" Marlon laughs with a sigh, "She wants to meet with me on Saturday."

"Haha! I'm sure you'll only be seeing her 5 minutes and then instantly running to the bathroom to clean yourself up." He jokes.

"Dude! Shut up!" Marlon playfully punches Louis in the shoulder with a scowl, "I last more than 5 minutes!"

Louis chuckles quietly, "That's not what Sierra said.."

"BRO!" Marlon hits him once again with a more irritated tone this time. But it only makes Louis laugh harder.

The chattering in the room slowly dies down. Louis checks the time on his phone.. class didn't start yet.. so why was everyone getting quiet? He looks up and sees the back of some girl.. a girl he had never seen before - which was very rare.

The teacher hands her a paper and tells her a few unimportant details.

Marlon and Louis swiftly share a look at each other.

The teacher looks around the classroom and sees Marlon, "Uh- Marlon! Move to your seat please." Marlon groans in annoyance and stands up, moving to his seat which was behind Louis.

The teacher points to the now empty seat, telling her to sit there. It's now that the girl turns around, and as soon as she does- Louis is absolutely stunned by her looks. Her honey colored eyes don't meet his at all - doesn't even look his way - she simply just follows the instructions and walks to her seat.

Louis tries not to stare as she sits down, looking in every direction but hers to not seem like some creep. A few seconds after she sits - and after the few girls can give her their glares, the classroom chatting goes back to normal.

Louis looks the complete opposite way and slicks his dreads back, checking his breath a couple times before he turns to her, a friendly smile on his face.

The girl is too occupied looking over the context of the paper that she doesn't notice him instantly.

"Uh- Hi! I'm Louis."

She turns to look at him, her eyes darting to the side before she cringes, "You're- talking to me?"

"Yeah!" Louis accidentally says a little too loudly, making the girl jump.

"Oh.. um.. hi?" She gives a small smile wave but then turns back to her paper.

Louis scratches the back of his neck, trying to keep the conversation going, "So- uh.. you're new here?"

"Nope."

"Huh?"

She looks at him now, "I'm not new. I was here for 9th and 10th grade but then.. um..." She stutters. "Then I had to leave."

"Oh.. it's just.. I've never seen you before."

"Yeah I haven't seen you either." She gives a friendly laugh, "Only heard about you."

"Heard?"

"You're.. Louis?...Louis Smith, right?"

He flashes his teeth into a charming smile,
"Louis Alexander Smith."

She giggles, "oops.. excuse me, Louis Alexander Smith."

She wasn't charmed in that way of course, but Louis was definitely trying...

"How about you?"

"Hm?" She hums, tilting her head to the side.

"What's your name?"

"Oh!" She laughs, "Clementine Everett."

"Well, Miss. Clementine..." He leans in a little,
"It's a pleasure to meet you..."

Suddenly the bell rings.

Clementine laughs awkwardly, "Um.. nice to meet you too?" She stands and walks out of the classroom, leaving Louis - for the first time - very, very... something.

"That was painful to watch." Marlon says from behind him, getting his books together.

"It didn't work.." Louis scoffs with a shocked smile.

Marlon stands, carrying his backpack on his shoulder, "Guess your ol' charm didn't work on her."

"Nope.. but I am the one feeling the.. I dunno.. effect?"

Marlon laughs, "Haha! You mean, you're the one that got under her spell."

"Wha- I've never felt like this before! I don't like it!" Louis covers his head with his hands, "Is this what having a crush is like?"

"One convo and you are already in love with her?" Marlon scoffs, "Damn, bro, that's something for you to figure out yourself." He laughs.

Louis stands, running his head through his hair, "I feel soooo fucking awkward right now."

"Haha!" Marlon laughs.

•••

Not edited bc I'm tired :P and it's almost 5am
w/c: 1181