A Real Parent

Takes place about a month after the last episode.
... Clem has a prosthetic leg... like most of these chapters.
And thank you clouisxaj for this idea.

It actually took some time to write this one cause I had to think about what Rebecca would actually say 😂

So just a little backstory here: Rebecca in season 2 gave birth to little AJ. Once Arvo and his friends attacked the group they told Rebecca to run to safety, but in the process she dropped the newborn, leaving him with the other group. Kenny told Rebecca to run and that they would keep AJ safe.

Once Rebecca ran away she started to hear less gunshots and she soon lead to belief that all her friends were dead, including her baby boy.
Once Rebecca returned to the spot where she last saw her friends all she saw was dead bodies.
Rebecca had no idea if her son was alive, or the rest of her group.
She followed the foot tracks on the snow but it quickly disappeared once it lead to a frozen lake. Rebecca broke down into tears once she saw her old friend Luke... but as a walker.
•••
Omg that was harsh. Anyways time to get into the actual story!
•••

AJ and Louis were walking to that old caravan to do some trading with them again, like they had done for the past couple weeks. The people in that caravan were nice people, they were a family... a real one: a mom, a dad, a teenage boy, and a little girl AJ's age. AJ liked to play with the little girl, he'd show her his drawing techniques, and she'd show him her dolls.

Clem would sometimes offer the family to stay with her group. But the family would decline every time, they didn't want to intrude, Besides they had only known them for a month.

The caravan was only about a mile away from Ericson. Louis and AJ would take about 40 minutes to walk there and back.

"Louis c'mon! We don't have all day for you to make fun of a walker!" AJ yelled playfully.
"Ugh, Fine." Louis huffed like a child. Him and AJ walked together on the path.
"Are we almost there?" AJ asked.
"We've only been walking for like 5 minutes!" Louis teased as he ruffled the small boys hair.
AJ rolled his eyes in response.

The two walked in silence for about 2 minutes before they heard rustling in the bushes.
"Did you hear that?" AJ asked. Louis nodded, signaling for AJ to get his knife out. Both AJ and Louis crept towards the moving bushes with their knifes in hand.

When they were about 12 feet away a women fell out of the bushes, making the boys gasp. The woman had small cuts and bruises all over her. She looked like she was in her late thirty's by now.
Louis quickly helped the woman up.
"Pl-please, I need-f-food." She stuttered.

Louis looked down at her, she looked like she hadn't eaten for days. Her skin was a pale-ish, probably from not eating.
"Don't worry, we have food at home. We can help you." Louis said as he helped her stand on her feet.
"Louis! We don't know her! She could be dangerous!" AJ reminded.
"AJ, look at her, she's not going to hurt anyone." Louis said with furrowed brows.
"Clem's not going to be happy about this." AJ warned.

The woman's eyes shot open when hearing that name, Clem. It sounded so familiar. But she was to weak to think right now.

Louis and AJ were now at the point in distance to see the schools gate. AJ looked up at Louis, still mad about his decision. "AJ, she needed help okay?" Louis tried to make AJ less angry but it wasn't working.

"Clementine! Louis and AJ are back! And they brought someone with them!" Willy yelled.
Rebecca's eyes shot open once again from hearing that name.
She remembered now. It was the little girl in that dirty old hat who helped them escape Carver's place. She remembered how mean she was to the girl, but the girl only showed her kindness. All her thoughts went away as she heard someone asking her questions.

"Hello, what's your name?" Ruby asked as she looked closely at the woman.
"She needs to eat." Louis said, getting a glare from AJ.
"Omar's preparing some now. It shouldn't be to long. Now where the fuck is Clem!?" Ruby now yelled.
Clem walked over to the group. Coming closer and closer to Rebecca.

Clem examined her, seeing if she was anyone she knew.
"Wait, R-Rebecca?" Clem asked with sadness in her tone. Rebecca looked up, she saw a sorta familiar face, Clementines face.
"Clementine?" Rebecca asked as she cuffed Clem's cheek weakly.
Clem quickly hugged her, so hard almost pushing her down.
AJ looked at the two confused.

Clem pulled away, Rebecca still on her arms.
"AJ this-this is your-mom." Clem smiled.

How should AJ react?

A: mad

B: happy

C: sad

D: confused

Your choices will have consequences...

•••

omg that chapter was shit! I haven't written in a long time so there you go... a horrible chapter :(
I will make a part 2 on this, a, b, c, or d is what I will write about depending on you guys.