𝗻𝗼 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲𝘀

the party didn't go as planned

not that anything Y/n planned ever followed the script.
she was supposed to stay away from Sunghoon and anyone else who could potentially ruin her night, Soyeon included.

‎ ‎
‎ ‎
‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎

She wasn't going to talk things out with Soyeon. Not again. It wasn't the first time she did something of that kind of nature and Y/n had forgiven her several times.
She had crossed the line and Y/n has had enough. She concluded that it was best if she just cut ties with her.

‎ ‎
‎ ‎
‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎

It wasn't as fun as Yeri and Yuna said it would be. Or maybe it was just because her mind was elsewhere. So she spent most of the night outside, on her phone.
That was until Lee Heeseung decided to join her.

‎ ‎
‎ ‎
‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎

"god you startled me" she sighed, placing a hand on her chest dramatically. Somehow it was always him catching her off guard. Heeseung just laughed a little, mumbling a soft "sorry"

‎ ‎
‎ ‎
‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎

"not in the party mood, huh?" He asked and Y/n simply shook her head in response, not putting any effort into continuing the conversation.

‎ ‎
‎ ‎
‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎

"you look upset, did something happen?" He asked and Y/n just dropped her shoulders. "no, nothing in particular I'm just. . . not feeling it, i guess"

‎ ‎
‎ ‎
‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎

Heeseung let go of a deep breath, stealing a glance at her side profile. She was so mesmerising, he just wished he could wipe her memory of Sunghoon. "It's about him, isn't it?" He chuckled bitterly.

‎ ‎
‎ ‎
‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎

Y/n didn't really have to answer.
Heeseung knew already.
"You know he's not as much of a good person as you think he is, right?" Y/n's eyebrows etched closer as she finally lifted her gaze from the ground, not looking particularly happy at his remark.

‎ ‎
‎ ‎
‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎

"The hell are you talking about Lee? I've known Sunghoon since diapers, so careful with what you let out of your mouth" Y/n threatened, the tone of her voice low but somehow still menacing.

‎ ‎
‎ ‎
‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎

"You don't know, do you? That he had a bet on you?" Y/n swallows thickly, an sensation of mere void spreading across her chest. "that. . . that is not true, Sunghoon wouldn't do that" she stammered, refusing to believe what he just said.

‎ ‎
‎ ‎
‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎

He wouldn't do that.
Not with her, not with the girl he went after for years, not after he was able to win her heart.

‎ ‎
‎ ‎
‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎

"How about you also tell her the part where i don't accept the bet, the one where you and Sohyun try to break us up and the one where you spread the picture of us kissing to all the students in our grade?" A familiar voice chimed in and Y/n did not have the time to process everything that he said because the next thing she saw was Sunghoon swinging a punch right at Heeseung's face.

‎ ‎
‎ ‎
‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎

The situation went downhill very quickly and her first instinct was to run inside and call someone, there was no way she was going to even try to separate them.

‎ ‎
‎ ‎
‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎

It wasn't her intention to get the teachers involved, it's not like she wanted any of them to get in trouble, but as soon as they heard about a fight, they got there before any student could.

‎ ‎
‎ ‎
‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎

"You piece of shit, I'm going to fucking end you" Sunghoon spat, attempting to free himself from Jake's and Jay's grip while their teachers surrounded Heeseung, who compared to Sunghoon, was much more injured.

‎ ‎
‎ ‎
‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎

His eyes meet the concerned ones of the girl he loves and suddenly nothing else mattered. He managed to escape from the two boys holding him back and rushed to Y/n, cupping her face with his hands.

‎ ‎
‎ ‎
‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎

"Y/n are you okay?" Sunghoon asked, but she just slapped his hand away. "I'm perfectly fine, why wouldn't i be?" She asked rhetorically, striving to leave but Sunghoon was quick to block her way.

‎ ‎
‎ ‎
‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎

"Y/n please can we just. . . can we talk?" Sunghoon pleaded, searching in her eyes for a glint of approval, but to his dismay, he found none. She looked at him emotionlessly, and he understood that he had made a mistake─ he should have listened to what she had to say, no matter how sad, hurt or angry he was.

‎ ‎
‎ ‎
‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎

"you know i don't give second chances, Sunghoon"