chapter twenty-eight

It's been four months, the middle of the spooky month October, their relationship was definitely something. Taehyung loved his new life, he dropped out of university to do an apprenticeship in pharmacy that was two years in total — which is way less than the degree he was doing. Jungkook also followed Taehyung in the apprenticeship idea, Jungkook had an apprenticeship in accounting. The couple were both busy in their apprenticeship working around 30 hours a week and having most weekends off— which they'd spend resting.

"Hey Baby," Taehyung smiled, putting the phone to his ear. It's been so long since they'd seen each other, 10 days, in total, as they've both been so busy.

"My love, I miss you so much." Jungkook breathed, it was early morning and Jungkook was not a morning person at all. He could tell that Jungkook had just woken up by the depth of his voice.

"I miss you too, so so much." Taehyung said in a whine, he missed Jungkook's presence. His hugs were heavenly, they literally engulfed Taehyung because of his small height compared to the older.  "How has your accounting been going?" Taehyung asked, concerned as they haven't had any time to talk, just a few texts here and there.

"It's been going so good, I'm so excited to go onto my next level." He spoke slowly, his voice deep and smooth. Taehyung could just imagine his boyfriend right now, sprawled out on his bed. His upper body fully naked, nothing but his perky, pink nipples and six pack on show. His lower body dressed in only black Calvin Klein boxers with a white waistband, his broad thighs looking thicker than ever. Gosh, I want to see him so bad. He thought.

"Tae?" He pondered through the phone. Taehyung blinked out of his daydream, "Yes Baby, I'm here. I just can't wait to see you." He sighed, playing with the handmade chain attached to his phone.

"Same here, you free tomorrow?" Jungkook asked, a lightbulb, of excitement, lighting up inside of Taehyung.
"Yes!" He eagerly said, covering his mouth afterwards. The eagerness in his voice sounded almost alarming.
"Yes, yes. I am free." He toned it down a notch, smiling to himself. Jungkook also cracking a small smile through the phone, he missed his little bubs so much.

"Cool, there's a new movie out! We can go see it." Jungkook insisted, Taehyung nodding through the phone— even though Jungkook couldn't see it.

"Sure." He simply replied, hearing a sound hum emit from Jungkook's lips. "I've got to go Baby, I'll see you tomorrow night." Jungkook suddenly said after a couple moments of silence, Taehyung pouted realising he wouldn't be hearing Jungkook's voice anymore.

"Okay Koo, I love you." Taehyung settled. Yes those three significant words became a common practice for the couple because Jungkook had been longing to say that to Taehyung.

Alas, one day he couldn't wait anymore, he just had to spill. "I love you too, Baby." Jungkook mentioned, pressing the red call button briefly after. Taehyung sighed taking his phone off of his ear, he opened his message app to see the texts from his apprenticeship colleagues via their groupchat.

Pharmacy Babes💊

Olivia
Hey babes! Just to let you know that there will be a trip to Incheon, for the ultimate pharmacy experience 😁😁

Olivia
It will be from next Friday to Sunday evening. I just need confirmation that everyone is attending!
Seen • by everyone

Olivia was the group coordinator who was in charge of all the group activities. Luckily, Taehyung was blessed to meet such an amazing group of friends who he worked and studied with— he's never felt so fortuitous.

It was true, they were going to Incheon to work in the biggest pharmacy in Korea, they all had different places to stay except Taehyung. He was offered to stay in the hotel where his other friends were staying but he wanted to see certain people.

Seojun's parents moved to Incheon as soon as Seojun went to hospital, they wanted to be as close to their son as possible. Taehyung knew his parents wanted to see him but Taehyung's been to busy to go. Seojun's parents have been really going through it and Taehyung wanted to be there to comfort them. They've always been somewhat uninviting towards Taehyung but these few months— coming up to a year — they've began to get closer.

He dialled Seojun's mother's number, the line rang a few times and she picked up on the fifth.

"Hello, can you hear me?" Mrs Park, sounded through the phone. Taehyung took the phone off of his ear because of the loud speaking.

"Ahnjong, it's me Taehyung." Taehyung said softly, wanting his voice to sound as calm as possible although he was nervous to ask.

"Ah! Taehyung, my son, are you okay dear." She responded with love, happy to hear his voice.

"Yes Ahnjong, I'm great and you?"

"I'm— we're coping Taehyung. It's been hard and I'd like to believe he's getting better but it's not looking good." She replied, her voice becoming unsteady. Taehyung could feel the heartbreak from the screen, he just longed that Seojun would come out of hospital and be alright, but battling with mental health was easier said then done.

"It's okay, Mum, he'll be alright. We'll be alright." Taehyung comforted, biting his lip with anxiousness shortly after. He heard Ahnjong hum, "I like when you call me that, there's no one around to call me that anymore." She agonised, a tear almost falling from her eyes. She was strong woman with a hard head indeed, but this topic was so sensitive to her so she couldn't help but shed a few tears.

Taehyung chuckled dryly, trying to lighten to mood. "I really want to see you," She added with a voice crack at the end. "Yes about that, I'll be in the area next week Friday to Sunday—" He started but was interrupted by her voice.

"Please come stay with us Taehyung, we need you." She pleaded, her voice filled with eagerness.

"I was just about to ask- I'd love to stay with you." Taehyung smiled through the phone, a huff of relief released from his mouth. A heavy weight that had been lifted off of his shoulders, he huffed once again.

"Ugh, thank God, I can't wait to see you. I'll prepare a room for you and I'll cook a good meal." She excited herself, Taehyung chuckled at her gestures. "Thanks Mum, I'll see you next week then."

"Yes! Bye Taehyung, take care." She said and Taehyung ended the phone. What a relief he thought.