Or That Moment Again, He's Insisting That Friends Look At Each Other Like That

a/n: this is for Seblaine Week 2022; August 15 - Reunion

tags: reunion, road trip, alcohol use, angst / fluff, mutual pining, apologies, love confessions, explicit language, sexual tension, french kissing, petting but no sex

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three years after high school graduation, and a year before his college graduation, Blaine receives an invitation from none other than Trent Nixon. The envelope bearing his address, with the man's as the return label, comes as a shock to Blaine. For, he hasn't heard of nor from the other man in nearly four years since graduating high school. He isn't even quite sure how he got Blaine's address. Despite living relatively close to his mom, he's chosen to live in an apartment two hours west, in student housing related to his university. When he pulls the envelope from his mailbox, he has to do a triple-check on the name. First, reading it, then getting whiplash by making sure he just read that correctly, then a third when he arrives back at his apartment door: parked, ready to enter, and checking one last time who sent the letter. His eyes were right the first two times, though. His old high school friend has sent him an invitation to a high school reunion. It takes place two weeks from now, at the start of May.

Walking into the kitchen, Blaine announces the unexpected invitation to his two roommates. Both, who happen to be transfer students, like himself. "Hey, you guys will never guess what came in the mail today," he starts.

Chad and Devin both pop up from their positions. Chad's hunched over the table, typing quick messages on his phone, while Devin stands over the oven, waiting for her microwaved meal to hurry up and cook. They turn their attention to Blaine and listen for him to continue.

"I got an invitation to a dinner party from my old high school. He says it's a reunion the year before we all graduate."

"Huh. That's sweet! Are you going to go?" Devin asks as soon as the microwave beeps. She whips around to retrieve her food, and her red, waist-length hair flips with her.

"I haven't decided yet. I mean, I probably will, but at the same time, I don't know. I only went there for a year, and actually graduated from a different school."

Chad stops him with a hand, "hold up, I'm lost. How many high schools did you go to? And why are you invited to the reunion of a school you didn't graduate from?"

"Well. Three. Different schools my freshman and sophomore years, then junior / senior year I went to the same one. And good question. This friend is from my sophomore year school, and we were all really close, but I wouldn't suspect he'd invite me to a reunion."

"Do you two still talk?"

"Not really."

"Do you still talk to anyone from there?"

"Also not really. I mean, aside from Sebastian, but that's obvious."

"Did he graduate from there?"

"Yeah, he transferred there his junior year and graduated."

"Ask him tomorrow if he's going. Maybe he knows something you don't."

"Does he even talk to this friend, though?" Devin interrupts, "'cause if they ended on bad terms, you might not want to bring it up. If you catch what I'm throwing."

"I do, but I think they're fine. I mean, there was some drama with them junior year, but I think they cleared it up by graduation."

"Okay. Try asking around it, and maybe he'll mention it first."

"I don't see why he wouldn't be invited, but yeah, I'll do that."

"So where is it? Where y'all meeting up?" Chad continues.