Tears in Heaven

The Burrow

"He hasn't been round for weeks. Weeks," A familiar scene was unfolding in the kitchen of the Burrow, on the morning of 1st September 1998. Ginny Weasley, the youngest of the Weasley siblings, was attempting to pull herself together to return to Hogwarts for her seventh year of education. It was to be her first time back in the building since that fateful day, on the 2nd of May that year, when the Death Eaters had invaded and killed so many innocent witches and wizards.

However, as had happened almost every day for the previous four months, Ginny's mother, Molly, was sat in her kitchen, head in her hands, tears pouring from her eyes. You see, the Weasley's had lost, as had many during the course of the war. One of Molly's twin sons, Fred, had lost his life during the Battle of Hogwarts, leaving every member of the Weasley family lost and heartbroken.

Not least of all, was Fred's twin brother, George. Fred and George had been as close as any siblings could be, everything they did in life was with each other, and for each other. Every venture wasn't complete if the other wasn't there to witness it. And this had left George a broken shell of himself, feeling there was not much point to anything in life, if Fred was never coming back. Who was going to give him the drive to get out of bed? Who was going to be around to make him laugh? Who was going to be there to pick him up when he was knocked down? There was nobody, and so there was not much point in living. But on he went, if for nobody else, for his devastated mother, who had already experienced enough loss for one lifetime.

"I know, Mum. He will, he needs time," Ginny reassured her mother, comforting pats on her back administered, a medicine she knew was never going to be enough to soften the pain she felt.

"But I need him. I need my boy," Mrs Weasley sniffed. Ginny's heart broke, she felt so guilty for leaving, knowing she had no choice.

"He needs someone to give him that thirst for living again, someone to make him laugh like Fred did," Ginny sighed, knowing there could be nobody on the planet who could provide this for George.

Little did Mrs Weasley and her daughter know, that very someone was currently sat in a small office in London, holding a conversation that would change not only her life, but George Weasley's life, forever.