Happily Ever After

Jenny felt like she was floating on a cloud. 

A cloud made purely of love, her heart was fit to burst. She had never been more obsessed with her own left hand, and when she wasn't beaming at her future in-laws, gazing lovingly at her future husband, or doing shots with Hermione, she could be found in a quiet corner, sharing a private moment with the most stunning piece of jewellery she had ever set eyes on.

Although a party had already been planned to ring in the New Year, it had quite quickly turned into a party to celebrate George and Jenny's engagement, and the pair were far too happy to even attempt to be humble and refuse the celebration. 

The music was blasting through the little house, the drinks were flowing, and nobody quite new what time it was, midnight could have passed for all the Weasley's knew, and they could not have cared any less. 

Especially Jenny. She was completely overwhelmed, but in the best way possible. 

It was quite well documented, and frequently discussed, how much George had been through, and Jenny had never felt so much sympathy for a person. 

But it was significantly less emphasised just how much Jenny herself had been through since the Battle. She liked it that way, she didn't like to dwell too much, and the night of her engagement certainly wasn't the right time to think about it too heavily. But she had lost both of her parents, and the best friends she had ever known, and to have a night full of so much love, and positivity, it was more than she could ever have wished for. 

She had lost count of how many shots of alcohol she had done with Hermione and Ginny, and she had no clue how many different liqueurs she had tasted in the three hours that had flown past since she had said yes to George's question. 

"How are you feeling?" She almost jumped out of her skin as she was startled from her thoughts, looking in front of her to find one of her future brothers, a grin on his face. 

"Shocked, still," She laughed, with a shake of her head, as though trying to make some sense of the whole situation. 

"He told Ginny weeks ago, but I think he's known for longer than that," Harry explained, as he took it upon himself to sit down beside her, which she didn't mind.

"How do you know?" Jenny asked. 

"Well, she tells me most things..." Harry trailed off, and Jenny chuckled. She knew he would have better understood the question, had he not been utterly twatted. 

"No, I mean how do you know that he knew," Jenny explained herself, and he nodded slowly. 

"Ah!" Harry exclaimed, making Jenny laugh once again, "I've known George for years. Too many years, really. I have categorically never seen him this stupidly happy. Even when he used to prank with Fred. He was happy, course he was. But never like this," 

Jenny contemplated this as she glanced at George across the room, where he was completely inebriated and didn't have a single care in the world, as he sang, or screamed, the lyrics to Hit Me Baby One More Time by Britney. 

"I feel the same," Jenny said, and Harry nodded. 

"I haven't known you that long, but I can tell. You two are perfect for one another," He noted, and Jenny noticed that he was gazing over at Ginny, who was also singing along to the music, whilst Audrey giggled uncontrollably at her. 

"So what about you then? When are you popping the question?" Jenny enquired, the alcohol in her bloodstream making her far more forward than she usually would have been.

"Oh, not for  while yet," Harry protested, his cheeks going slightly red. 

"Why not?" She asked, and he shrugged. 

"Just not the right time, I don't think. Gin's only just out of school, we're both still young. We've gone through so much, we didn't really get to enjoy our younger years. I think it's time we do that, first," He stated, and Jenny laughed, causing him to cock a brow in confusion. 

"It's just that, you're practically already married! You live together, you have a baby," Jenny explained herself. 

"We don't have a baby!" Harry protested. 

"Teddy is a baby!" Jenny laughed. 

"He isn't our baby-" 

Harry had begun to protest further, but he was cut off when a figure appeared before them, hand outstretched and a cheeky grin on his handsome face. 

"Can I help you?" Jenny giggled up at her fiance, who hadn't said a word, just continued to smile down at her. 

"May I have this dance?" George asked, and Jenny looked at Harry for permission to leave the conversation, and he gestured that he had no issue with it. You're Still The One by Shania Twain began to play, and Jenny shook her head slightly, ignoring how her vision seemed to spin slightly as she stood up. 

The couple's all seemed to gravitate toward one another around them, but Jenny only saw George, who held onto her with a tight grip as he swayed from side to side. 

"How long did you have it? The ring," Jenny enquired, and George looked at her with a raised brow.

"That's quite a big secret," He stated, and she rolled her eyes. 

"Just tell me!" She insisted, her pet lip coming out.

"Not that long, about six weeks," He said, and she smiled at him. 

"Why didn't you ask straight away?" She asked. 

"I was worried you would say no," He confessed with a shrug, surprising her. Confident, strong George Weasley feeling nervous? This had surely never happened before. 

"You had nothing to worry about, I was never going to say no. How could I say no to your little face?" She grinned, and his face almost looked as relieved as it had done when she had first said yes. 

"Of course I was going to be nervous, we hadn't really discussed it, and you're well out of my league," He said.

"Whilst I do agree I am out of your league, I very much want to spend the rest of my life with you. I got that G on my arm, didn't I?" He smirked at this. 

"Oh yes, I suppose I should get a G too, now," He suggested, and Jenny frowned. 

"Why not a J?" She pondered. 

"Well, if I get a G, when we divorce, I can tell people I'm just that narcissistic," He pointed out, and she swatted his arm. 

"How dare you,"

"I love you, Mrs Weasley to be," He rested his forehead against hers, and she felt her heart might just burst in that moment. 

"I love you more, Mr Weasley,"