Your Song

The Leaky Cauldron
Jenny's leave had come to an end, and she was nervously working her way through her first shift back. She must have appeared shifty to the other customers, as her eyes darted around the bar. She was anxious.

She wasn't sure if she wanted to see George or not. One part of her desperately wanted him to walk through the door, whilst another part just never wanted to see him again. She didn't want to get hurt, she had been hurt enough. And whilst she appreciated that he had been hurt, too, she couldn't just focus on helping him. She had to help herself, too.

But she also couldn't lie to herself, she had fallen for him, hard. Everything about him intrigued her and drew her in and she couldn't just switch it off. She wanted to know what it was like to walk hand in hand down a little country lane with him, to come from a long day at work and fall into his arms, to live life with him and also to love life with him. That was what she wanted. He just needed to want it as well.

She remembered what Mel had said, about her being the one to tell him how she felt. And in hindsight, Mel had been right, George had given her so many signs that he wanted to become something more as well. She pondered it as she leaned against the bar, her fingers playing with the small charm in her hands.

"You're still wearing it, then?" She jumped out of her skin as a voice spoke behind her head. She turned around to find him stood behind her, a smirk on his face. He looked truly happy, happier than she thought she had ever seen him.

"Yes," She tried not to smile at the sound of his voice, but it was hard. He had such a strong effect on her, she hated it.

"It looks good on you," He complimented.

"Thank you very much," Jenny said, allowing herself to smile, as her back was still turned and he couldn't quite see her face.

"We need to talk, Jenny," George said, placing a hand on her arm to spin her around.

"About?" She asked.

"You, me, us. Everything," She felt her heart of stone soften as he looked into her eyes, and it made her roll her own.

"Fine, when? Where?" She said.

"Today, now, whenever you're free and you're willing," George said, and she was quite enjoying how demanding he was being.

"I'm finished at eight. I can come round?" She suggested.

"Perfect! Okay, yes, I'll see you then," He smiled widely and turned and walked out of the bar, her own smile mirroring his as he did so.

Maybe this time, things would work themselves out. Maybe this time, they'd both find a way to be honest with one another.