Forever To Go

The shop was almost ready to open, and George was growing increasingly nervous for its first day of business.

Contrastingly, his girlfriend was abuzz with excitement, she couldn't wait for it's first day.

They were certainly keeping one another grounded, as George felt reluctant to complain too much, and Jenny reluctant to be too excitable when they were discussing things.

"Jen, can I speak to you?" Jenny had been sat in her office in the shop, calculating some product prices, when her attention was stolen by George's voice, calling to her from the main area of the shop.

It was always quite eery, walking through such a big shop, surrounded by ceiling high shelves of products, and there was nobody in the place. It was like a creepy ghost town, and Jenny couldn't wait to see it bustling with activity sooner rather than later.

"What's up?" Jenny asked, smiling when she found him leaning against the till.

"I needed to ask you something," George said.

"I gathered," She laughed. He was so obvious when he was anxious about asking something. She did find it cute.

"Sorry, yes, obviously, or I wouldn't have called you through," George stumbled over his words, though he still didn't spit out what he needed to ask.

"Are you proposing or something?" Jenny was only joking, but she was shocked to see how the colour drained from his face and his jaw dropped open at the mere thought of engagement.

"Absolutely not," He shuddered.

"Merlin, who knew I was that scary!" She said, half joking and half offended. She knew that their relationship was only three months in the making, but still.

"Anyway, I wanted to know if you wanted to meet my parents," George finally asked what he intended to ask, when he first called Jenny through to him.

"Merlin, I wasn't expecting that to be the question," Jenny was stunned. Not too long ago, George had been reluctant to allow his parents and Jenny to meet.

"What did you think I'd ask?" George enquired.

"What breed of dog I wanted for my birthday," Jenny joked.

"I told you, no dogs for you," George said, but he was smiling.

"Spoil sport," Jenny huffed.

"Anyway! My parents," George placed the conversation back on track.

"Oh, yes, parents. Why now?" Jenny asked.

"Well, I figured once I open the shop-"

"We!"

"Sorry, we. When we open the shop, they'll come to see everything. And I'd rather you met them at home, than in the shop," George explained.

"That makes a lot of sense, George," Jenny nodded.

"Why do you sound so surprised? I'm very smart, actually," George faked offence.

"If you say so, darling," Jenny ruffled his hair affectionately.

"So, is that a yes?" George asked.

"Of course it's a yes. I'd love to meet the people who made and raised you, and ask what went wrong," Jenny said.

"Hey!" George shouted.

"Is that in response to the reference to your parents creating you, or to the inference that something went wrong?" Jenny asked.

"Both," George laughed.