Forever Yours

The magical wedding day of Percy and Audrey lingered in the minds of the family for the entirety of the summer, and the memories made would surely last a lifetime. 

The Weasley family assumed nothing could make them happier than the experience of such a happy occasion after so much shit. 

Until the 2nd of May 2000, when Bill and Fleur had welcomed the tiny little angel known as Victoire Gabrielle Weasley, and officially melted the hearts of every member of the family. Her tiny features, her piercing blue eyes, her blonde tufts of hair on her pretty little head, she was completely and utterly perfect, and certainly a lucky little lady to be doted on by so many Aunts and Uncles, all desperate for cuddles and moments. 

Spending time with little Victoire made Jenny happier than she had ever imagined, she never thought she would get the opportunity to become somebody's Aunt, and she didn't take a moment for granted.

However, her mind was incredibly far from her duties as an Aunt to Victoire, a sister to the Weasleys, it was even far from her life as the wife-to-be of George. 

Because, on the 10th of September 2000, Jenny's entire world had changed, and suddenly their plans for a New Year wedding were altered, paused, ruined. 

She sat on the lid of the toilet in Hermione's house, her hands trembling as she held the test in her hands, the plus on the little screen staring back at her, unblinking, as though challenging her to make a decision, to say something, to do anything at all.

She was pregnant. 

Unintentionally, of course. She knew she wanted to be a mother, someday. Just as she knew George wanted to be a father, but not just yet. They had travelling to do, a business to run, a wedding to have. And suddenly, she was a mother already. 

Her hand went to her stomach subconsciously, imagining what might be happening at that moment below her palm, wondering what the little being was doing within her womb. Was he as scared as she was?

He. It wasn't a he. Nor was it a she. It was precisely that. An It. 

An It without hands, without fingers, potentially even without a heartbeat. 

That thought made her own heart beat even faster, the fear of God suddenly put into her, as she realised that she already felt an immense amount of love for the child she had been unknowingly carrying, nurturing, protecting, for weeks by this point. 

"You have been in that bathroom for an eternity, Genevieve," Hermione called from outside the door, anxiety and excitement evident in her tone. "Is it positive?!" 

Jenny couldn't speak. She wanted to. She wanted to laugh, she wanted to cry. She felt like screaming, though she truly did not know whether this was a positive or a negative feeling she was experiencing. 

And then she remembered watching George holding a baby Victoire in his arms the week she came home from the hospital, the tears brimming his eyes as he had looked into the face of his niece. She remembered how nervous he had been to cradle her, worried he would break her, and she remembered the proud smile that adorned his face when she gripped his finger in her tiny little fist. 

And her decision was made. She was happy, she was proud to be carrying life, to be the mother of the child she had unknowingly wanted her entire life. It was as if her heart was split now, half in her own chest, and half within her child, and it would never be entire ever again. 

She was excited, she wanted to tell the whole world. But for now, she would settle with telling the two girls who had become her best friends, and who would have become Aunties to her children whether they were her sisters-in-law or not. 

She stood, gripping the test in her hand as she unlocked the door, and pulled it open to find Hermione and Ginny stood before her, anticipation in their eyes. 

"I'm going to have a baby," Jenny confirmed, swallowing down her nerves, and finally allowing the happy tears to flow.