Dibs

George would never forget the feeling he had that night, ringing in the New Year, the new century, with a woman beside him he knew he was soon going to call his wife. 

Wife. It sounded very mature. 

He wasn't convinced either of them would ever fit the definition of mature, but he did know he quite liked the idea of having a 'wife'. 

Especially one like Jenny, who was his equal in every way. 

"Happy?" A voice spoke from behind him, as he took a moment away from the celebrations to let the events of the night sink in properly. He turned on the spot to find his Mother stood there, her cheeks flushed red, presumably a mixture of the alcohol she had consumed and the happiness she was feeling from seeing all of her family together in one room. 

"I don't think I've ever been happier," George knew how soppy he was being, and how soppy he was feeling. The difference is, he would usually keep it all bottled up within, but he knew that the sheer volume of alcohol he had consumed was making him more honest than he usually would be, especially with his Mum. 

"I just can't believe how grown up you all are! It sounds stupid, I know. But, Bill having a baby. You and Percy engaged. It's all so happy, but I have no children left," He noticed that her eyes were flooded with tears suddenly, probably also a result of being more intoxicated than she usually would have allowed herself to be, but he rushed to her side and wrapped his arms around her regardless. He towered over her, and he felt a duty to support her in the way she had always supported him. 

"We're always going to be your kids, Mum. We'll never not need you," George kissed the top of her head, and she smiled, letting the tears fall. 

"I never imagined having seven children, truth be told. We only wanted two, but Bill and Charlie brought us so much joy, we could never find a reason not to keep adding. But Merlin, I never saw us ending up with twelve children!" She laughed, wiping at her eyes as she continued to watch the group of people before them, which seemed to gain new additions by the year. 

"You're a great Mum, and somehow an even better Mother-in-Law. They always say how lucky they are to have you," George stated, meaning every word. The Weasley in-laws did constantly gush about having Molly as a second mother, she was so nurturing and caring. 

"I'm going to be a Granny!" She said, in a tone that made George presume she hadn't yet let that fact sink in. Much like he still hadn't allowed the fact he was engaged to sink in properly. 

"You're practically already a Granny to Ted, he adores you and Dad," George countered. This was true, also. Teddy Lupin doted on his adoptive grandparents, and the Weasley family hoped he would grow up with enough love to replace the love he lost when his parents were killed. 

"It's a bit different. Bill is having a baby. My baby!" She laughed once again, as the tears continued to fall down her face. 

"You'll be a fantastic Granny, I'm sure," George reassured her. 

"One day, do you think you and Jenny will have children?" Mrs Weasley questioned, and George stopped in his tracks for a moment. They hadn't really discussed children, they had hardly discussed whether they would like to get married to one another.

"Oh, I'm not sure," George said, with a shake of his head as he looked over to Jenny, where she was dancing to the music once again with Ron. He couldn't help but imagine a time when he would own a proper house with her, and there would be a nursery beside their bedroom, a highchair in the kitchen, toys littering the floor. 

"You've not spoken about that?" Mrs Weasley asked, and George shook his head once again. "Well, for what it's worth, I've thought since you were very small that one day you'd make a brilliant father. You always were very nurturing with your teddy bears as a toddler. And then, when Ginny came along, you would even fight with me that you should be the one to rock her to sleep. And you were only young yourself, only three," 

George contemplated this, he truly had never imagined himself with a small child of his own. He loved to spend time with Teddy when he saw him, but he didn't have a lot of experience with other children. He made a mental note that he should discuss the matter with Jenny sometime, to see what her opinion was on the situation. 

"I think we should really wrap this up shortly, Merlin knows it's probably the latest I've been up drinking since Bill was born," Mrs Weasley chuckled, though George knew she wouldn't have the heart to stop her children when they were having such a lovely time. It was perhaps the happiest they had all been in over eighteen months, and it was a joyous sight for the matriarch of the family. 

"What's on your brain?" A quite visibly intoxicated Jenny questioned, as she ran over to George, and he had to catch her to prevent her tumbling over. Mrs Weasley smirked slightly, backing off to allow the newly-engaged couple to talk. 

"Just something my Mum said," George stated, and Jenny laughed, though George wasn't entirely sure he had made a joke. Not even a bad one. 

"I wasn't here for the conversation, Georgie. You'll have to elaborate," She stated, and he rolled his eyes, though he laughed. 

"She was just asking if we wanted kids. I told her we hadn't thought about it," He shrugged. 

"We haven't? I certainly have," She poked herself in the chest, as though George wouldn't know who 'I' would refer to. 

"Oh yeah? And what did you think?" He asked. He was slightly less drunk than she was, though not sober, and whilst he knew this wasn't the time to hold this conversation, he was curious about her opinions. 

"I think you'd be sexy," She stated, in a very matter-of-fact manner. 

"Sorry?" He asked, confused.

"A DILF," She shrugged, and his brow furrowed even more deeply. 

"What the fuck is that?" He questioned, and she laughed. 

"A Dad I would like to fuck," She whispered the final word of the sentence, as though worried anyone would hear her over the loud music, constant conversation and bellowing laughter emerging from the corner where Percy and Harry were sat. 

"I think you're a little bit drunk, we should get you to bed," George laughed at her, and she looked up at him with a look on her face that made him want to melt. 

"I said I'd like to fuck a Dad, you're not a Dad. At least I don't think you are..." She rambled, and he admired how adorable she was, whether sober or completely paralytically drunk. He did stand by the fact she shouldn't drink anything more, and she should certainly be escorted to bed, but he wanted to continue watching her enjoy herself as she was. 

He thought that night, he could not love that woman anymore. Oh, how wrong he was.