Timeless

Christmas was very suddenly around again, and Jenny's stomach was extremely swollen, she was enjoying being pregnant, but equally very excited for her due date to roll around. 

"Can you believe we were meant to be getting married in a week?" George muttered in her ear as they sat, surrounded by family by the light of the Christmas Tree, following a fabulous Christmas dinner cooked by Mrs Weasley. 

Jenny had one hand on her stomach, enjoying the feelings of the little Weasley twins apparently having a boxing match within her womb, her head resting on the shoulder of her fiance, who was holding her protectively in his arms. 

They were watching the current two children in the family, Teddy and Victoire, as they lay on the carpet at their feet. Teddy, being two years old, was lying beside tiny baby Victoire, trying to point out the different ornaments on the tree, and growing increasingly frustrated that she wasn't taking in any of the information.

"We still could, you know," Jenny said, quietly enough so that nobody around would hear her, but loud enough that George would. 

"We still could what?" He asked, looking down at her as she stared into his eyes, mischief dancing in her eyes.

"Get married in a week," She stated as though it were completely obvious, and George felt a panic surge through his body. 

Not because he didn't want to marry Jenny, it was actually top of his bucket list, after becoming a Dad to two healthy babies in the spring. No, the panic was more at the fact he knew Jenny was completely dead-pan serious, and he knew his mother would go feral at the mere concept of planning a wedding for seven days time. 

"Are you serious?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow, an action which caused Jenny to laugh.

"When am I ever not serious about marrying you? I've told you all along, I need to tie you down before some other girl, not outrageously pregnant and hormonal, comes and steals you," George scoffed at the concept, knowing in his heart that there was nobody even remotely capable of such a silly thing. 

"Hey, don't even joke about that. You're growing our babies, you've never been more beautiful," He scolded her, loving how even after all this time, she still blushed when he complimented her. 

"Well, what do you say then? See you at the altar, this time in seven days?" She furrowed her brow momentarily, a sure sign she was thinking hard. "Or... one-hundred-and-sixty-eight hours, ish," 

"Wow, Jen, that's some impressive numeracy skills," George laughed, but Jenny encouraged him to answer silently, and he rolled his eyes, a large grin on his face. "There is nothing I would love more,"

"Oh, wonderful!" Jenny went to stand, presumably to announce their news to the room, though due to her sizeable baby bump, she required some assistance from her husband-to-be.

"Everything okay?" Hermione asked, concern laced in her tone. 

"Splendid, actually," George grinned, standing beside Jenny, an arm wrapped around her waist. 

"We've just come to a decision," Jenny began, and the room stared at them in anticipation.

"Finally, I knew it wouldn't take too long, you're going to name the babies Ronald and Ronaldina, great decision, I'll drink to that," Ron lifted his firewhisky in honour of the couple, taking a large swig. 

"Juries still out on that one, Ronnie, but we'll see," George nodded at the young man, before turning back to his family. "We've decided to go ahead with our wedding as previously planned," 

"Sorry?" Mrs Weasley said, and George grinned at her. "As in, on New Years Eve? As in, a week from now? When we cancelled everything we had already planned?"

Jenny was momentarily concerned her mother-in-law to be was about to faint with shock, but then a large smile took over her face and she clapped her hands together. 

"Wonderful! Oh, I love planning weddings, it's half the reason I kept having children," She chuckled, and the room joined in their excitement. "Okay, we only have seven days to get everything organised, so I think tomorrow we should probably organise suits, dresses, that sort of thing. After that, we can decide where, who to invite, all of the logistics,"

As Mrs Weasley busied herself with planning, all Jenny and George could seem to do was stare at one another, the grins on their faces identical as they realised that in a week, they would finally be married, tied together for life, a day they both felt they had waited for since the moment they met. 

"I love you," Jenny whispered to George. 

"I love you so much, Jenny Weasley," He winked. 

"Not yet,"

"Practically,"