Five Leaf Clover

George and Jenny's first holiday together went as one would imagine. 

Jenny had been desperate to take a 'proper Muggle holiday', which was fine for her, as her mother was a Muggle, and she had grown up taking summer holidays in the Muggle world every single summer, up until the war had begun. 

George, on the other hand, had been raised in a family of Purebloods, and had very rarely ventured into the Muggle world, save for one family holiday to Cornwall when he and Fred were four, which had resulted in Arthur completely terrifying the locals, due to his strange bewilderment at the instruments used to build sandcastles. 

They spent weeks deciding on the perfect place to go, not only for their first holiday as a couple, but their first anniversary, which passed them by in a blur in the middle of January, whilst they were busy debating where to go. 

They had finally settled on the south of France, which was not too far away, but would certainly provide some warmth, which they were both desperately craving as the winter continued on in England. 

Shutting the shop for a week was difficult for George, who hated to even take his lunch break on an average day, but Jenny assured him that he deserved to relax and enjoy himself, he hadn't taken a day off since Christmas, which was now two months ago. 

"Have you got everything?" George called from the front room of the flat, where he stood with his suitcase in his hand, clearly ready to leave immediately. 

Jenny was slightly less organised than George, who had meticulously checked the weather forecast for weeks, and had made lists of what he wanted to bring. 

Jenny had haphazardly thrown several bikinis, t-shirts and shorts into a small case that same morning, and she was perfectly content with that. 

"Think so," Jenny grinned as she exited their bedroom, shutting the door behind her with a large sigh of relief, "I don't understand why we can't just apparate,"

"I've explained this twenty times this week, I want the full experience," George had, indeed, explained himself more times than he could count. Jenny failed to understand his excitement, for she had flown many times in her life. She couldn't deny that it was cute, though. 

"But, people sometimes die on planes!" Jenny was attempting to make him see reason, but realised she had failed to contemplate the goriness of the statement she had made when George's face paled. 

"What?!" His voice had become a high pitched squeak, and Jenny bit he inside of her cheek, in order to hold the laughter inside. 

"I mean, not often. Hardly ever, honestly-" She began to explain, but George was officially terrified. 

"One time is plenty, Jen!" He was in a panic, his hand running through his hair as he contemplated his options.

"I promise, I wasn't trying to scare you, it'll be fine," 

And to be fair to Jenny, the flight was seamless. Save for the passengers sitting alongside them finding George's extreme anxiety slightly odd, he was relatively normal and gave people no reason to suspect he may be a wizard. 

Of course, Jenny insisting that they both abandon their wands at home helped, as Jenny was positive George would have whipped his out and disapparated to France from the plane. However, unfortunately, a magic wand might have raised some eyebrows when going through security at Heathrow. 

They arrived in France in one piece, George significantly calmer than he had been prior to flying, a relaxed grin on his face as they arrived at their little cottage, which faced out onto the beach. He seemed content with life, which flooded Jenny's heart with joy.

"Did I ever thank you for inspiring me to reopen the shop?" George asked her absentmindedly, as she unpacked their suitcases, and he stood on their balcony, staring out at the sea, which seemed to be the most perfect shade of blue. 

"Probably, at some point," Jenny pondered. "Why?"

"If we hadn't done that, we would never have been able to afford a holiday like this," He said. "It's stunning,"

"Yeah, my views not too bad either," Jenny smirked from where she was stood, staring at him. He turned to look at her, and grinned in response.

"I am quite the catch, it's impressive you managed to get me," George joked.

"Not only get you, but get you tied down," Jenny laughed, flashing her left hand which contained her engagement ring, which she still found herself constantly staring at when she wasn't busy, in awe of not only its beauty, but the fact it came from George Weasley. 

"We should really start some wedding planning, before my Mother murders us both," George walked back into the flat, and Jenny audibly groaned. 

"Do we have to do that right now? I don't even have anyone to walk me down the aisle!" Jenny stopped what she was doing then, realising that she had never actually considered that before. Both of her parents were dead, and she had no siblings. Who was going to give her away?

"Hey, maybe you can give yourself away. Isn't that tradition a little old anyway?" George tried to lighten the mood, but Jenny was suddenly feeling very lonely. 

"I don't know, Georgie," Her voice was soft, like a whisper, as she attempted to keep her emotions in check. "I don't have any family left at all,"

"You have us," George walked over to her, and wrapped his arms around her. "You're always going to have all of us,"

"Thank you," Jenny allowed him to place a small kiss to the top of her head, which always did manage to make her feel better. 

"Besides, Fred once said that if he ever got married, he was going to tie Mum up and advise everyone to come in their pyjamas," George reminisced, bringing a smile to both of their faces, he imagining his twin brother's wedding, and she imagining Fred being at their wedding, stood beside George. 

"What are you going to do, about a best man?" The smile slowly fell from his face at her question, though he didn't look sad, necessarily. More-so that he hadn't actually considered what he would do.

"Oh," He said. "I don't know, there's nobody else I would want,"

"You don't have to have one," Jenny assured him. "I don't have my dad, you don't have your brother. We don't need to replace them, George,"

And with that, the couple sat quietly, contemplating their upcoming wedding, and the important people that wouldn't be in attendance. 

*A/N - Hi everyone! Firstly, wow, thank you SO much for 40k reads. This is my first author's note because to be honest I don't feel worthy. I love George & Jenny and it is the most incredible thing to see people wanting to see what happens next. I'm beyond grateful.

Secondly, a shameless self-promo if you'll indulge me. I did put the same message in my first chapter, but I thought I had nothing to lose posting it on here as well. I have two other stories currently ongoing, a Harry Potter four-book series and a Ron Weasley story. 

The first Harry Potter book is called 'Hold my Hand' and the first book is actually very almost finished, and it follows Albus Dumbledore's Granddaughter, Ariana. 

The Ron Weasley book is in its infancy, but I am very excited about it and really enjoying writing it. It's called If You Love Her, and follows Seamus' Finnigan's little sister, Aoife.

If you're after some new stories I'd love you to check them out! If not, then that's also absolutely fine!

Thank you so much, again. I'm truly blown away x*