Love Is A Wonderful Thing

The first weekend of the first April of the new century was all go for the Weasley family.

It was George's twenty-second birthday, Percy's stag do, Audrey's hen party, their wedding the morning after, and Fleur was just two weeks away from her due date.

The to-do lists for everyone was the length of their arm, the stress levels were higher than any of them would have liked.

Jenny had hoped that this would be a good thing, and that maybe it would distract George from what was essentially just another year older whilst his brother remained twenty years old.

It seemed that was not the case, as George was nowhere to be seen when she woke up first thing that morning, and she worried about where he could have gone, especially without telling her.

She searched the entire flat, checked the shop, even asked Lee if he had heard from him. Which, of course, he hadn't.

"Sorry Jen, if I see him I'll send him to you," Lee had said, a sympathetic look on his face, and Jenny couldn't help but smirk as she realised he clearly had a woman round. The fact he was awake before midday on a day off, the bits of the flat she could see were clean, and the fact he had marks dotted across his neck gave the game away quite easily.

"Nice night, Jordan?" Jenny asked, and Lee rolled his eyes.

"Lay off, Crawford," He scoffed, going to close the front door, but not before Jenny could quickly remind him of Percy's stag do that evening.

The search continued all morning, but there remained no sign of her fiancé, and eventually Jenny had to admit defeat and head to Ron and Hermione's, where she and Ginny were going to be getting ready for the Hen Party.

"I am so excited!" Hermione practically squealed as she pulled the door open before Jenny could even ring the doorbell. She and Ron lived in a modest terraced house in London, which allowed them both to commute easily to their Ministry jobs.

"I would be, if I could just find George," Jenny sighed as she walked through the door, scratching Crookshanks behind his ears subconsciously, as he purred up at her.

"What do you mean, find George?" Ron questioned from where he was sat on the sofa watching the television, not turning around to greet Jenny, but acknowledging her presence nonetheless.

"You haven't heard from him, have you?" Jenny questioned, and Ron shook his head, "he wasn't there when I woke up, and I haven't seen him since,"

"That's unusual," Ron commented, muting the television and turning around so he was facing the women, his face contorted in concern.

"He's never done anything like this before?" Jenny asked, and Ron shrugged.

"I've always said, the George I know now isn't the one I used to know," He began. "If you've never known him to do it, then he's never done it. You know present day George better than anyone else,"

"I don't know whether to be worried, or whether to let him have his space if that's what he wants," Jenny contemplated, as Hermione approached her with two large glasses of red wine.

"He'll be fine. It's always going to be a rough day for him, his birthday," She handed Jenny one of the glasses, and both women simultaneously took a large swig. "Let's go upstairs and get dressed, Ginny's already up there!"

Hermione's excitement for the occasion was palpable and contagious, and by the time six o'clock rolled round and it was time for the girls to head to The Burrow for the party, the three were already slightly tipsy and singing along to a medley of Grease songs.

"I think we look nice," Ginny stated, as the women studied themselves in Hermione's bedroom mirror. "Do you think we look nice?"

Ginny had directed her question towards the ginger cat sat on the edge of the bed, who paused his intense paw cleaning ritual to observe the humans before him. He stared for a few seconds, before blinking once and returning to his paw.

"What does that mean?!" Ginny panicked.

"I'm taking it as a 'you look extraordinary', Mum," Hermione nodded, flattening her dress down and taking one final look at her appearance.

Audrey's sister, Lauren, had requested that all of the women attending the Hen Party wore a black dress, which would allow Audrey to stand out in her white dress and veil, ensuring that she was the centre of attention.

Jenny had decided to put George's whereabouts to the back of her mind, she was confident he would show up for Percy's party, and even more certain he wouldn't miss his older brothers wedding the following day.

But still, she couldn't resist questioning Mrs Weasley when she had arrived at The Burrow, fully against her intentions of forgetting about him for now.

"Oh!" Mrs Weasley had exclaimed. "No, dear, I haven't seen him,"

"I'm trying not to worry, but it's been all day," Jenny explained, and Mrs Weasley nodded her head.

"I'll send a patronus when I get to the stag, if he's there then brilliant, if not, we'll go find him," Ron attempted to reassure his mother and Jenny. "He won't let Perce down, Mum, you know he won't,"

"Oh, I know, darling," Mrs Weasley nodded her head, painting a smile on her face to hide her obvious concern. "Go! Go and have fun with your brothers,"

And with that, Ron left, and Jenny was left with her worry, and the Weasley women.

She decided that the only way to get through this evening may be to spend a lot of time getting acquainted with a bottle of tequila.