Angels Don't Always Have Wings

The patrons from Ron had arrived a short while into the party, stating that George had indeed arrived at the Stag Do, reasonably intoxicated but healthy otherwise. And Jenny was finally able to relax and try to enjoy herself.

The drinks were flowing, and all concerns about having a hangover for the wedding the next day seemed to have slipped to the back of people's minds.

"Are you excited?" Jenny asked, as she and Audrey stood side by side, Prosecco glasses in hand, both slightly tipsy.

"Yes," Audrey spoke without missing a beat. "But also, shitting myself,"

"Why?" Jenny asked, and Audrey pondered for a moment before she responded.

"Perce is a little bit of a panicky individual," She explained. "I'd be lying if I didn't say I was worried he'll run off tomorrow morning,"

"At least you know he's got plenty of brothers to coax him back, if he gets cold feet," Jenny laughed, and Audrey raised her glass to that.

"Fred had to collect Bill the morning of our wedding," Fleur stated, joining the conversation. She looked incredible, when one considered how heavily pregnant she was. Though she was self-conscious about her larger size, having always been a very petite woman, she was radiant.

"Really?" Audrey said, surprise in her tone as she urged Fleur to continue.

"Oh yes," Fleur laughed. "He was terrified! Of what, I still don't know. Me, I'd assume,"

"I think it's a Weasley thing, I can't imagine any of them not getting a sweat on before getting married," Jenny stated, pondering George and what he might be like before their wedding.

"I think George might be one of the better ones though, I can't picture him fleeing the scene," Audrey commented. "Him, or Charlie. I think they're both the type who wouldn't have proposed before being absolutely certain,"

"Oh, I think he's certain," Jenny laughed, recalling the countless times during their little holiday after the New Year that George had discussed the details of their wedding day.

"When do you think you'll get married?" Fleur questioned, taking a sip from her own Prosecco glass, though of course hers contained no alcohol.

"We were thinking about the New Year, the same date we got engaged," The girls cooed at the statement, and Jenny blushed slightly, suddenly feeling like a child discussing plans for her future, not an adult woman who was actually engaged to the love of her life.

She had spent much of the last four months in awe of the ring she had on her finger, and more besotted than she had ever been with the man she could now call her fiancé. And she was blessed to know that even when they had moments such as that morning, when he had gotten down about his birthday and fled the home without so much as a note to explain himself, they could always move past things. And she could always be comforted by the knowledge that, despite everything they had suffered through, she always, always had his love to guide her through the turbulence.

"I wish I could get engaged," Ginny was pouting, draining her glass and immediately reaching for a refill.

"You're still young, Gin," Audrey reassured her, and Ginny rolled her eyes.

"So are all of you! Jen is only 22!" Ginny pointed out, and Jenny had to admit, she was right about that.

"You're 18, Ginny," Hermione pointed out, joining their conversation.

"Yeah, but we've also been raising Ted for two years!" She was acting rather childish by demanding to be engaged, but Jenny would never have said that to her, for she knew it was mostly the alcohol talking. And to be fair to the girl, she was far older than her years, and she was proving to be a brilliant mother to the little Lupin boy, who admired both of his adoptive parents.

"I'm sure it won't be too long," Jenny attempted to reassure the redhead, who simply rolled her eyes and took a large drink.

"We should head up to bed, really," Audrey stated, draining her glass and allowing an excited grin to occupy her face.

"Big day tomorrow!" One of Audrey's sisters, Catherine, threw an arm around her, the excitement in the room suddenly growing tenfold as everyone realised this was it. The end of the night was upon them all, and the next time they were all together, she'd be Mrs Weasley.

"My dear, can I borrow you for five minutes before you go to bed?" The matriarch of the Weasley family approached Audrey, who nodded enthusiastically, and followed her to another room where they would be alone.

"You've got that conversation to look forward to," Fleur teased, winking at Jenny, who was suddenly more nervous than ever at the prospect of her own wedding day, and very aware that the next time this was happening, she would be the woman in the veil, being spoken to by her future mother-in-law.

With a thick gulp, Jenny followed the Weasley girls up to bed, nerves, excitement, and anxiety swarming her belly.