You're Where I Belong

Deciding to get married at such short notice would have been completely overwhelming for Jenny and George, had they not had the Weasley's to help them.

Specifically Molly, of course, who had sprung into action the second the couple had informed the family of their reignited plans to wed on New Years Eve.

The fact that this had left them with just seven days to prepare only seemed to excite the witch, who always had been quite the avid planner.

"Please, dear, when I found out I was pregnant with Ginny I packed my hospital bags the very same day, I love being organised!" Mrs Weasley had stated when Jenny had merely suggested that perhaps she was taking on too much.

And so, that was how Jenny found herself in a Muggle wedding dress shop, her future Mother-in-Law, Hermione, Ginny, Audrey, Fleur, and of course baby Victoire, all sitting around a small room, waiting with baited breath for her to exit and show them her first choice for her wedding gown.

Jenny stood and looked in the mirror, unsure if the feeling of unease in her stomach was a sudden bout of anxiety and nerves, or one of the twins doing somersaults in her abdomen.

She felt she was playing dress-up as she gazed at her own reflection, the imposter syndrome entirely overwhelming her.

"We're waiting!" She heard Ginny's voice call, and the rest of the women chuckled. Jenny took a deep breath, and one last glance at herself, before stepping out in front of her new family.

"Merlin's beard!" Hermione was the first to speak, her hands reaching up to cover her mouth, as her brown eyes filled with tears. "You look absolutely beautiful, Jenny,"

"You think so?" Jenny bit her lip, looking down at the gown, but Hermione nodded her head fervently.

"You belong on the front cover of a magazine!" Audrey agreed, grinning at the blushing bride, who by this point actually had flushed cheeks.

"Your little bump looks adorable!" Ginny cooed, and Mrs Weasley nodded in agreement.

"Mrs Weasley?" Jenny asked, desperately hoping for the approval of the only real mother figure she had in her life, and the look on the elder witches face said everything she needed to know.

"I don't have a clue how my George got so lucky!" She gushed, "You are glowing, Jenny,"

"I honestly feel like this is the one!" Jenny chuckled, feeling comfortable and confident in what she felt was certainly her wedding dress.

"Arthur and I were talking last night, and we just wanted to at least make the gesture, because obviously your mother and father can't be here to see you get married. I hope you don't think I'm overstepping, dear, and if I am, please do just tell me..." Mrs Weasley waffled, and Jenny frowned as she listened, wondering what she might be about to say. "We just wanted to offer to pay for your wedding gown,"

"Oh, Mrs Weasley, I don't know..." Jenny was torn. On one hand she was honoured, and grateful. Mrs Weasley was truly a wonderful woman and Jenny didn't feel worthy. But she also knew that whilst the Weasley family wasn't as poor as they had been when George was growing up, they were by no means rich.

"Please, we'd really love to do this for you. I cannot begin to imagine how I would have coped when I was getting married to Arthur if my mother and father weren't there for me. You're an incredibly strong woman, Jenny, we would be honoured to do something to remind you that you do have parents. Even if we aren't blood,"

"Blood has never mattered much to me. Both of my sisters were my best friends, I had no blood siblings. Now, I have parents who aren't related to me, countless siblings who aren't related to me," Jenny sniffed, tears clouding her vision as she heard the women laugh. "And a beautiful niece and nephew who I am honoured to be an Aunt to, despite the fact neither of them are part of my bloodline. You've made me feel nothing but one of your children, from the first day we met in the flat,"

"Oh, yes, the night with all the wine," Mrs Weasley blushed slightly at the memory, though she reminisced fondly on her first encounters with Jenny, the night she knew her son had found the woman he would marry.

"If you're really set on doing so, I'd be honoured if you paid some money towards my wedding gown," Jenny took a deep breath and tried not to let her emotions get the better of her. "But, I'd also really love to put some of my parents' money towards it to. They left me what they had, and I know if my father was alive he would have wanted to pay for this wedding. I think I'd like to let him do that, even if he won't be here to see it with his own eyes,"

"I didn't know your parents all that well, Jenny, but I do know they would be so proud. You're a beautiful young woman, and you're about to become the most brilliant mother to two perfect children," Mrs Weasley beamed, though her cheeks were tear-stained. "We are thrilled that you're going to be a Weasley,"