Tell me Something

Caroline's POV

    A week later, I haven't seen Lexi, and Stefan is distant lately. I am sitting at a booth in Gloria's waiting for Stefan, but it seems he isn't coming at all. I took a sip of my drink, and I see Klaus standing in front of my booth.

    He says, " Mind if I sit?"

 I say, " Not at all."

   He sits next to me in the booth, and I say, " So, I haven't seen you in a while."

  He said, " I have been busy with family."

    I said, " You don't seem like a family man?"

 He laughs, and says, " I am sometimes. I have siblings, whom hate me, right now."

  I said, " Why do they hate you?"

He said, " Because I am not the same as when we were human, and I killed most of them."

  I say, " What? Why?"

He says, " They have disobeyed me, when they promised to stand by my side."

    I said, " Tell me something about you."

  He smiled, and said, " About me?"

    I nodded, and he said, " Alright. My real name is Niklaus. My siblings call me Nik. Others call me Klaus."

 I said, " It seems you don't like the name at all."

    He says, " It is the name my father gave me."

 I nodded, and finished my drink. I said, " I am going to grab a drink."

    He said, " You are not leaving are you?"

I said, " No, I will be back."

  He stood up, and let me out of the booth. I walked over to the bar, swaying my hips, and I heard Klaus chuckle. I ordered two glasses of Champagne and the bottle. I held the drinks in my hands, and the bottle in my arm. I walked over to the booth, and Klaus stood up. He said, " Allow me, love."

   He grabbed the bottle, and glasses. He set them on the table, and I sat down in the booth, then he slid in beside me. I grabbed my glass, and took a sip.

    He said, " Tell me something about you."

 I said, " Alright. I have two brothers, who aren't my blood relatives. Their mother was friends with my mother, she took me in, when I was a year old. My mother had passed."

   He said, " My mother also had passed. I know how it feels to lose those you love."

 I said, " So, how long have you been a vampire?"

  He said, " Almost a thousand Years. You?"

    I said, " You shouldn't ask a woman her age, Niklaus."

 He laughed, and I said, " 53 years."

   He said, " You have so much control, I thought you were over a couple hundred years old."

  I said, " Yes, well my brother is the one that turned me. I begged him to turn me for 3 years."

    I moved closer to him, and said, " So, what shall we do?"

  I downed the rest of my glass, and he refilled my glass. He put his hand on my arm, and lightly touched my arm. He smirked, and says, " There could be something we could do."

   I leaned closer to him, and his nose barely touching mine. He connected our lips, and put his hand on the back of my head. Someone said, " Caroline?"

   We pulled away, and Stefan stood there. I said, " Stefan. Finally. What took so long?"

     He said, " I wanted to introduce you to someone."

 He turned around, and raised his hand to a blonde woman. She came over, and smiled at Stefan. She faced us, and said, " Nik."

   I faced Klaus, and he says, " Rebekah."

     Stefan says, " You both know each other?"

 Rebekah said, " We are siblings. He is my brother. Who never told me he was seeing someone."

   I said, " We are not seeing each other."

Stefan said, " So, you both weren't just kissing?"

   I said, " I was waiting for you, and he had came over to me. We had met a week ago. I didn't know I needed to see someone to kiss them!"

  He said, " Caroline, I am sorry. I am just trying to protect you."

     Rebekah said, " Trust me, Nik is dangerous, but will not hurt women, he takes an interest in."

  Klaus put his arm around my shoulders, and said, " Sit, and lets have a drink."

   Rebekah, and Stefan sat down on the other side of the booth. We started talking, and laughing. 

   Stefan said, " This one used to run all around the house with her dolls, hiding them in my things. Then she blames me for taking them."

   I laughed, and said, " You were the one who ripped it's head off!"

   Rebekah and Klaus laughed. Rebekah said, " Nik had always mixed berries, and painted everything in sight."

   Klaus said, " That was before Father would beat me, once he knew what I was doing."

   I looked at Klaus, and said, " Your father would beat you?"

    Klaus said, " Yes, he did. That is another story for another time."

   I nodded, and his hand went to my thigh, and squeezed it. Stefan said, " Rebekah, Klaus, what brings you to Chicago?"

   Klaus said, " Change."

      Rebekah said, " Oh, Nik. Stefan is the Ripper of Monterey. The one you have always admired."

  Stefan said, " You admired me?"

   Klaus said, " Only your killings. I have been wondering who you were. Ripping those apart, then putting them back together."

      I said, " Stefan is way more fun as the ripper. He has been the ripper, since he turned. Except those who try and 'fix' him."

   Klaus said, " Is that the woman from a week ago?"

    I said, "Yes, she heard of the killings, and assume they are Stefan."

   Stefan said, " Lexi was here?"

  I said, " Yes, but I haven't seen her since. I think she went to help someone else."

   He nodded, and we continued to talk, and drink.