Promise Me it's Forever

Caroline's POV

    It has been three months, since I that night, we shared details of our life to each other. We... Well, I don't know what 'we' are yet. I mean, we kiss a lot, and tell each other things, that we would never tell anyone. I never asked him, if we are together, or not. He is sweet, and kind. Once, you get to know him. I always wanted to know what Love was, and I feel it when I am with Nik. 

  Anyway, Stefan and I are sitting in our booth in 'Gloria's'. I looked around the bar, and Stefan said, " Why are you looking for him?"

   I said, " Who?"

He says, " Nik."

    I said, " I wasn't looking for him, I was looking for Gloria."

 He gave me a look, and pointed to the stage, where Gloria is singing with the band. I said, " Fine, So what if I was looking for him?"

   He said, " Caroline, are you in love with him?"

     I say, " So, what if I am?"

 He huffed, and says, " I am trying to protect you, you are my sister. I don't want you to get hurt. Rebekah told me the stories of what Nik has done. He did some pretty horrible things."

  I said, " So, have you. I don't need protection; I just want someone to be there for me."

    I sped outside the bar, and to the alley. The door opened, and I said, " Stefan, I just need a minute."

   The person said, " Hello, love."

   I looked at Nik, and said, " Hey, Nik."

  He said, " I saw you run out here, what happened?"

      I said, " Nothing. Stefan is being an idiot. I just needed a minute to think, and get away from the music for a minute."

  He said, " What did you need to think about?"

     I said, " I needed to think about us. What we are?"

  He said, " What do you mean?"

  I said, " Are we just a fling? or what?"

     He said, " You are more than a fling to me, Caroline. If you were anything less, I wouldn't be here with you right now. I am waiting for you to be ready for me, love. I am falling for you, and I never fall for anyone."

   I said, " I never fell for anyone, before either. I never did this or any of it."

   His face softened, and said, " I will wait forever for you to be ready, Caroline."

  He kissed my lips, and we walked inside. Gloria grabbed my arm, and said, " Are you ready?"

   I said, " Yeah."

     Nik said, " What is going on?"

  I said, " Go sit down, Nik. You will find out soon."

  I pecked his cheek, and he walked over to the booth, sat down with Stefan, and Rebekah. 

    Gloria walked to the stage, and said, " Ladies, and Gentlemen. Mrs. Caroline Salvatore." 

   I sped up to the stage, and Gloria whispered in my ear, " You got this, Hun."

   I smiled, and she walked off the stage. I nodded at the band, and they started playing their Jazz music. I sang my own song, (A/N: It is a song, I had wrote. Hope you like it.)  I created, " I want you to Promise Me it's Forever. 

    I don't know what I would do without you.

 I always wanted to know what love was

   I think I found out when I am with you. 

   I am falling for you, baby. 

     Oh, oh, Yeah,

You're not the man I hear about, 

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. 

Tell me something I never heard of

Try to change my mind, baby

Nothing will ever change my mind. 

Woah, Woah.

Just promise me it's forever

That is all I want from you

Woah, Woah, Woah, mmhmmm.

Promise me it's Forever. 

Promise me

Promise me

Falling for you. 

  I want an eternity with you. 

 Only you, only you. 

  You are the only one I look for in the crowd. 

  So, please promise me it's forever."

   Claps errupted the bar, and I smiled. I walked off the stage, and over to the bar. A hand grabbed my arm, and sped us outside to the alley. It is Nik. I said, " What is wrong?"

    He kissed my lips, and said, " I didn't know you could sing."

   I said, " I have a lot more secrets."

   He said, " I wish, I could promise you that it would be forever."

      I said, " What do you mean? You told me earlier, that you would wait forever."

   He said, " I just found out something. Rebekah and I must leave."

   I said, " What? Why?"

   He said, " I don't want you to be in the middle of this, and die."

   I said, " Nik!"

    He said, " He's here."

   I heard crashes coming from inside, and I said, " Who is? Who is it?"

   He said, " Mikael. I must get Rebekah, and go."

   He sped inside, and I followed inside. I see men with guns shooting at everyone. I didn't see Nik, nor Rebekah, not even Stefan. I said, " Stefan!"

  I hear him say, " Caroline, Get down."

   I speed behind the bar, and see him laying on the floor. I duck down, and say, " What is going on?"

   He said, " I don't know, but they have wooden bullets. They know."

  Soon the noise calmed down, and Stefan and I stood up to see the damage. Glass is everywhere. I said, " Gloria!"

   Nothing. Stefan said, " I think she left."

   I said, " I hope she is okay."

  He nodded, and a man walks over to us. He shows his badge, and says, " Have either of you seen these two?"

  He showed us a drawing of Rebekah, and Nik. I said, " No."

   Stefan said, " No, we haven't."

   The man said, " If you do, give me a call."

  He gave Stefan a card, and walked out with his men. I see a silver necklace on the ground. I pick it up, and it is a locket with a red gem. I said, " Pretty."

   I put it around my neck, for now, and said, " Stef, do you see Rebekah, and Nik?"

   He has a confused look on his face, and said, " Who?"

   I said, " Never mind."

    He nodded, and we sped out of the bar to the apartment. We packed, and moved to a new city, since those police men, knew about vampires. I was confused on how he doesn't remember Nik, nor Rebekah, but I do.