I Will Never Give up on you

Caroline's POV

It's been a month, and Nik hasn't turned his humanity back on. He was tortured, and everything, yet he hasn't turned it back on. I woke up, and put on my red, strapless, lace dress, with my black heels. I sped downstairs to the kitchen, and grabbed a blood bag, drank it. I walked back upstairs, and went into the dungeon. I see Nik chained up, and he said, " Hello, love. Nice act earlier."

I said, " Of course, then again you let your guard down with me. Even with your humanity off."

He said, " I am not weak!"

I said, " Oh, but yet I was able to snap your neck, after pleasuring you."

He chuckled, and I said, " What is so funny?"

He said, " I am just thinking about how you almost let me fuck you, when you humanity was off."

I said, " So funny. You know you respected my decision when your humanity was on. He knew why I didn't sleep with you, right away."

He said, " Yes, you want to wait till you were ready, and not end up like your mother."

I slapped him, and said, " You don't get to speak of my mother! Not after you turned it off, and left me! Never came back, or explain to me why!"

He just stood there, no expression at all. I said, " No answer. Huh?"

Nothing. Great. I said, " Look, believe it or not. I do love you, even after 90 years apart! I cannot help my feelings, and how I was drawn to you the moment we first danced together, all to when I sang you the song. It took me decades to finally realize you weren't coming back! I wanted so bad to wake up, and you were standing in my room. I wanted you, and only you. I will always care about you, no matter what. I dreamt of you being the first man I slept with, and then eventually marrying you. All I wanted was you! Yet, here we are and you don't even care about how I feel about you. You know why? Because you were a coward and turned it off! A fucking coward, that is what you are. All because you couldn't handle seeing me with another man, spoiler alert, he is my brother that I danced with that night in the 50s. You didn't even bother speaking to me! I can't believe you, Niklaus. I used to think we would've been together forever, now I don't even think that anymore. God, I hate you for what you did! You made me turn it off! Each time things got hard for me, I never once turned it off! I can handle the things that hurts the most, and you couldn't handle it. You have been alive for a thousand years, and yet once you see me dancing with my brother, you turned it off. No matter what you do, I will never give up on you."

He just stood there, just staring at me. I huffed and said, " Whatever."

I sped out of the dungeon, and to my room. I sat down on the bed, and cried. He is an ass! All he did was stand there, saying nothing. My phone rang, and I picked up off the nightstand. I look at the screen, and it's Damon. I answered, and he said, " Caroline, are you okay?"

I said, " Yes. Why?"

He said, " Rebekah had told Stefan, that Klaus made you turn off your humanity."

I said, " Yes, he did. It's back on, now."

He said, " Good. When are you coming back home?"

I said, " In a few days, hopefully. I am going to see if he turns it back on, but it doesn't seem like anyone is getting through to him."

He said, " I am sure you will figure it out. You are Caroline Salvatore."

I said, " Yes, I am. I got to go. Bye brother."

I hung up, and wiped my tears. I sped downstairs to the courtyard, and see Kol standing there, drinking. I said, " Kol, I need you to do something for me."

He said, " Do what?"

I said, " Make Nik jealous, or angry. One of them."

He said, " How am I going to do that?"

I said, " You could torture me in front of him, or flirt with me."

He smirked, and said, " I became fond of you in the past month. I can't torture you, but we can make him jealous."

I smirked, and said, " How?"

He said, " Follow my lead."

I nodded, and he held my hand. We sped upstairs to the dungeon, and we walked inside. I see Nik, he just looked at us.

Kol said, " Brother, I wanted to tell you. Thank you for Caroline. Or I wouldn't of had the guts to ask her out."

Kol looked at me, and said, " Caroline Salvatore, will you do me the honors and go out with me tonight?"

I smiled, and said, " Yes."

Kol put his hand on my cheek, and leaned in. Our lips grazed, and Nik said, " Stop IT!"

We both pulled away, and Nik has tears down his face. I sped over to him, and hugged him. I said, " Oh, Nik. I am so sorry."

He said, " No, I am sorry. For everything."

Kol said, " Great, funs over. I will go get Davina to undo the spell on the chains."

I hear Kol flash away, and I looked at Nik's face, put my hand on his cheek. I said, " Are you okay? You're actually you?"

He said, " Yes, love. I am sorry for almost taking your first time away from you. When I take you for the first time, I want it to be special for you."

He tried to touch my cheek, but got pulled back by the chains. I said, " I can't wait for it, then."

He said, " Just wait till I get out of these chains, my love."

I blushed, and kissed his lips. I said, " Also."

I slapped him, and he said, " What was that for?"

I said, " For not talking to me that night in the 50s. Why did you assume Damon was my date?"

He said, " The way you were laughing. You always laughed and smiled that way, when you were with me. I am sorry for leaving you that night in the 20s, and not confronting you in the 50s. I didn't know it was your brother."

I said, " You still could've talked to me. Since, when does it matter if I was with a man or not?"

He said, " You looked happy, and I didn't want to ruin this."

I said, " You wouldn't of ruined anything. Also, Bekah told me why you never explained to me why you couldn't be with me forever. You were the only one I wanted. No matter the challenges, I am here always here for you."

He said, " Love, I am evil, horrible, and kill for fun."

I said, " I don't care. I have killed, same as Stefan. Yet, here we are. Trying to be better people."

He said, " No, I am not. I have killed, made you turn it off, and tried to take your first time away from you. You don't deserve me."

I said, " I will never give up on you, Niklaus."

I leaned my forehead against his, and I hear footsteps in the dungeon. I turned around, and there is Davina, the witch that Kol is infatuated with, and Kol. Davina started chanting.

After a few minutes, Davina stopped chanting, and said, " The spell is down. He can get out now."

Nik pulled on the chains, and they ripped from the wall. He got the chains off his wrists, and wrapped his arms around me. I said, " What is this for?"

He said, " I don't know. I just needed a hug from you. I need you, close to me."

I smiled, and he laid a kiss on my shoulder. I said, " You should get cleaned up."

He said, " I guess, I should. Don't go too far, sweetheart."

I said, " I won't."