Scavenger Hunt

Caroline's POV

It has been five months, and seems everyone is keeping something from me. I always ask them what is going on, and they are only telling me that its wedding planning. I broke Kol's bat, and he didn't break. I tried begging Nik, and he didn't break either. Hell, I set Elijah's suit on fire, and he didn't break! I have tried taking away the blood bags, and nothing. Nik went to Paris with Elijah, helping an old friend.

I woke up, and got out of bed. I went to the closet, put on my blue dress, with my black knee high boots. I sped downstairs to the kitchen, grabbed a blood bag, and drank it. I sped to the courtyard, and see a note on the bar. I picked it up, and it read:

Caroline, I have planned something for you, and hope you like the surprise at the end. In the meantime, here is a token of my love for you.

I see a bottle of bourbon with a red bow wrapped it, I smiled, opened the bottle, and poured it into a glass. I took a sip, and hummed. All of a sudden, a note appeared on the bar. I unwrinkled it, and it read,

Go to the place we first met. The next surprise is there.

I said, " Seriously? That's all the way in Chicago."

I grabbed my phone, and called the pilot. After I called the pilot, I sped outside, got in the car, and drove to the tarmac.

Three hours later, I arrived at Gloria's, and went inside. It's empty, and I see Gloria Infront of the bar. I sped over, and said, " Hey!"

She said, " Caroline Salvatore, long time no see."

I hugged her, and said, " Yeah, it was. How are you still so young?"

She said, " I slowed the aging process, but it will catch up with me sooner or later. How have you been, girl?"

I said, " I am good. Stef and Damon had fallen for another doppelgänger, but Damon is with her now. We met up with Nik, and Rebekah again, after almost going crazy because Rebekah compelled Stefan to forget. So, of course I was the only one with the memories of them, and thought I was dreaming it."

She said, " Honey, you ain't dreaming nothing."

I said, " Yeah, Nik and I got back together, and he proposed to me. Now, he is playing some kind of game with me, now. Which brought me here."

She smiled, " Yes, I heard. I also have something for you."

She leaned over, grabbed something from behind the bar, and held it in her hand. It's a note, and a black velvet box. I said, " What is that?"

She said, " I was only told to give it to you, and that you need to open the box first."

She handed me the black velvet box, and I opened it. There is a beautiful diamond bracelet, and I said, " Wow. Its stunning."

She said, " He really does love you, doesn't he?"

I nodded, " Yes, he does. I never felt like this with anyone, he truly is the one."

She said, " I never thought I would see the day you actually found someone that truly loves you."

I smiled, " Yeah, I didn't either."

She handed me the note, and I opened it.

I hope you enjoyed your time with Gloria. I remember our first kiss we had here, our first dance, and our first real kill together. I remember leaving you here that night, and how I wished I would go back, and take you with me. I wanted to confess my feelings for you, but I didn't think you ever deserved me. Now you must go to the place we confessed things to each other those nights. I do enjoy, and love you, my love.