Not your fault

Caroline's POV

We got out of the car, and sped inside the jet. Nik said, " I will be right back, love."

Nik walked to the pit, and I sat down on the chair. I sighed, and looked at the ring on my finger. It's a blue sapphire, heart shaped ring, with little diamonds to shape a heart around the sapphire. I smiled, and Nik sat down next to me. The jet lifted off, and leveled in the air.

Nik held my hand, and said, " Having second thoughts love?"

I said, " Not at all. I am just surprised."

He said, " Well, I had a whole plan to propose to you, but I guess outside of our home at night, when you are mad at me will do."

I said, " Here I thought you just wanted to propose to me to get me not to be mad at you, anymore."

He laughed, and said, " It worked, didn't it?"

I said, " No. I am still a little mad at you. Its just the fact that I was able to smart him, doesn't mean I can do it again. Can you train me to fight?"

He says, " You don't need to be trained, love."

I said, " Please. If you don't, then I will just get Bekah, Kol or Elijah to do it."

He sighed, and said, " Alright, love. I will train you, when we get done with Mikael."

I said, " Where are we going?"

He said, " To get the stake."

I said, " Where at?"

He laughed and said, " Mystic Falls."

I said, " Where is the stake out in your house?"

He said, " It's not in the house. There is a reason why you are going."

I said, " Be suspicious much."

He said, " Don't be mad, but Katerina had stolen this white oak stake. She told me where she had put it. It's in your mother's tomb."

I said, " What?"

He said, " I am sorry, love. I do want your permission to get the stake out of her tomb."

I said, " How did Kathrine know about my mom being moved to the Salvatore Crypt?"

He said, " She was there. She had put it inside the tomb, after you, and your brothers left that night. She wanted it in a safe place, where I wouldn't know where it is."

I said, " Yeah, you have my permission to take it out."

He said, " I know this is hard for you. That is why I was going to suggest you see your brothers, while I get the stake."

I held his hand tight, and said, " No, Nik. I want to come with you. It's my choice. I love you, and will stand by you. I wanted to speak to mom, anyway."

He smiled. I stood up, and moved on top his lap. My hands went behind his head, his hands went to my waist. He said, " What are you doing?"

I said, " Spending time with my fiancé, till the jet lands."

He smirked, and I connected our lips. I said, " I love you, so much."

He said, " I love you, much more."

I laughed, and I said, " Not possible."

He kissed down my neck, and his hands went to the hem of my shirt. He lifted it over my head, and it landed on the ground. My hands went to his shirt, and took it off him.