Why did you do it? TELL ME

Caroline's POV

We are back in New Orleans, and Nik is still quiet. I put my hand on his hand that he reached across the console to put on my thigh. I said, " Nik. Why are you quiet? None of this is your fault, I promise you."

He gripped the steering wheel harder, and I said, " Pull over. Nik. Now."

He sighed, and pulled over to the side of the road. He put the car in park, and said, " What is it, Caroline?"

I said, " So you aren't calling me love, sweetheart, my love, my heart anymore? What the hell is going on? You have been quiet, since we left Mystic Falls, and the whole flight back."

He rubbed his forehead, " I am sorry, love. I am just thinking."

I said, " Thinking about what? Come on, you can tell me anything."

He said, " About Father. He has always been this way, and had never been my father."

I climbed over the console, straddled his lap. He says, " What are you doing?"

I said, " Distracting you, since you are clearly tense about Mikael."

I kissed his lips, and he groaned. His hands went to my back, and pulled me closer to him, if its possible. He deepened the kiss, and our tongues dueled for dominance. He eventually gave up, and let me dominate his mouth.

He growled, and I laid one kiss on his neck. He said, " Wow. I didn't know you wanted to be in control, love."

I smirked, and played with his hair on his neck. He said, " Thank you, love."

I said, " Your welcome, love."

He laughed, and said, " You are the best fiancé anyone could ask for."

I said, " That's who I am. I am always here for you, and you can tell me anything. You know that, right?"

He said, " I do, sweetheart."

I pecked his lips, and climbed back over to the passenger side. I sat down, and he said, " That's it? What are you going to do about this?"

He gestured to his very obvious tent in his pants. I shrugged, " That sounds like a YOU problem."

He shook his head, and he drove into the quarter. We arrived at the house, got out of the car, and we hear someone throwing something at a wall. Nik, and I sped inside the house, and see Elijah, Kol, Rebekah fighting with Mikael. I see Davina on the ground, and I don't hear a heartbeat from her.

I am being thrown against the wall by Mikael. I stood up, and sped at him. He said, " You are weak! Girl!"

I kicked him, and he hit the wall. Nik growled, and pinned Mikael to the wall with the stake at his heart. Nik said, " There were moments when all you had to be was my father! And even then you despise me, Didn't you? I want to know why did you do it? TELL ME!"

I could tell Nik had tears, all Mikael could say, " I don't know, I just did."

Nik plunged the stake in Mikael's heart, Mikael's body fell to the ground. His body turned grey, and soon lit on fire. I sped over to Nik's side, and said, " Nik."

He turned to me, and I can see the hurt, and sadness on his face. He hugged me, and nuzzled his head in my neck, and cried. It hurts me to see him like this, after all this time, he got his answer from Mikael, and he is hurt because of the reason.

Elijah looked at me, and I said, " Nik, come upstairs."

Nik nodded, but wouldn't let go of me. He held my hand tight, and we sped upstairs to our room. He sat down on the bed, and I sat down next to him. I said, " Are you alright?"