Humanity Sucks

Caroline's POV

   I woke up, and see Rebekah standing at the end of my bed with her arms crossed. She said, " Caroline Forbes, why is there dead bodies in the courtyard?"

   I smirked, and sat up. I said, " I got a little carried away, last night."

   She said, " What is wrong with you? You never drank from the vein for over a decade, Stefan told me."

   I rolled my eyes, and said, " Whatever."

     I got out of bed, and sped to the closet. I put on my lace black dress, with my red heels. I walked into the room, and see Rebekah still standing in the room. 

   I said, " What else do you want?"

      She said, " I cannot have you do this anymore!"

   I said, " What does it matter? It is fun, Rebekah."

     She pinned me against the wall, and looked at me in the eyes. I said, " Can you let me go?"

    She let me go, and said, " You turned it off. Why?"

       I said, " Humanity Sucks, Beks."

   She said, " No, you wouldn't turn it off willingly. Nik compelled you last night, didn't he?"

   I said, " Does it matter? I don't have to worry about anything, or anyone, anymore."

    She said, " You are Caroline Forbes, you would never turn it off, no matter how hard things get."

      I said, " Don't call me that!" 

  She said, " Turn it back on, and I will stop."

      I said, " Not happening. I am better this way."

   I sped out of the compound, and go to 'Rousseau's'. I go to the bar, and order a bourbon, and the bottle. I then took my glass, and the bottle to a booth in the back. I sat down, and took a sip of bourbon. 

   I hummed at the taste, and said, " You can leave me alone."

      Kol sat across from me, with his own drink, and he said, " Hello, darling."

   I said, " What do you want now?"

     He said, " Nothing. Just wanted a drink."

  I said, " Got it."

      He said, " I am surprised you got away from Bekah, so fast. Seeing as you killed a dozen people in the courtyard, last night."

  I said, " So, you knew?"

     He said, " Yes, and the one who told Rebekah about the bodies."

    I said, " Why would you tell her?"

       He said, " To show you aren't all smiley, and sunshiny as you like to be. You are dark, deep down."

    I said, " Yeah, right."

  He said, " You are full of light, but also has a darkness. Which is why Nik is so attracted to you."

   I rolled my eyes, and said, " Who cares? He doesn't want me, and I don't want him."

    I downed my glass, and poured another. He said, " Turn it back on, Caroline."

      I said, " Took you long enough to figure it out."

  He said, " Oh, I knew last night. I heard Nik, and you talking last night on the roof."

    I said, " You were following me?"