DIAGON ALLEY

It was a dark and rainy day today at Diagon Alley, the cold wind making me grateful for putting on a warm coat. I could feel the eyes of every witch and wizard as I walked down the Alley, holding Draco's hand, while Narcissa Malfoy walked behind us.

"They should mind their own bloody business." Whispered Draco annoyed, as we passed the old Ollivander's wand shop.

To be honest, I don't mind people looking at me, I like the attention actually, but I just don't like it when I know they're talking shit about me. After shit went down at the ministry, people started talking about me and Draco being next in line to become death eaters, and I mean they're not wrong about that, but for my father's plan to work we need to be able to do some things unnoticed, and that's going to be hard if the whole school will be talking about us and watching for our every move.

"I know, but it's only natural that they'll be looking at us. We are, after all, quite famous." I said, chuckling a bit, as I found it funny that he got annoyed so easily.

"It's quite alright children, let them speak. Don't let them affect you." I actually felt bad for her. Since everything that happened at the ministry and Lucius got arrested, Narcissa hasn't been the same. She has always been kind to me, and the closest thing I've ever had to a mother figure. I've always thought of her as a very strong, elegant, independent, and smart woman that always knew what to say or what to do to have her way and make people like her. The press used to adore her, and many looked up to her. Including me.

But now they're completely tearing her apart, publishing things to make her look worse, and ruin whatever's left of the Malfoy's family reputation.
I do feel kind of guilty for that, because had i known their plan, I would have been there at the ministry helping them, and therefore things would have gone according to plan and nobody would be in Azkaban now. And I guess that's on them, for not telling me anything about it, but I just wish I could do something to help her and Draco, I hate to see them so bad, they're basically my family.

"Anyway, we're almost there." She said, looking straight ahead as we entered the Knocturn Alley. Weird, interesting looking shops surrounding us.
We entered Borgin and Burke's, trying to make sure nobody saw us going in.

Draco and Narcissa started talking with the owner, and soon I started zoning out, getting lost looking at all the curious looking things inside the shop.

~

"Irya, wait!" He yelled as he ran behind me, trying to keep up with me. We were exploring the Riddle mansion, playing around as his parents and Bella and Rodolphus were too busy in the library looking for some book they knew they'd need in a future.

Although I was 6 years old, and it is technically my mansion I had only been there a handful of times.
Bella and Rodolphus always said it was off limits for me, seeing as they thought it was inappropriate for them to explore their masters house, and dangerous to let me explore it alone because they were worried I'd ruin or mess with some important and antique relics or things that Voldemort considered important. That's why I took every chance I had to explore it, even if it was for a short time, or if I knew I'd get scolded and punished for disobeying the rules.

It always seemed like the empty, cold and endless-looking halls of the mansion could speak to me, like tell me stories about all the people that used to live there before, and sometimes, it almost felt like they were talking about me, trying to lure me in to explore their long forgotten secrets, treasures, and mysteries.

"Hurry up! I want to see what's in the attic! I've never had the chance to go there before, the only way in that I know of is the elevator, and right now is the perfect time to use it, they're so busy looking for that stupid book that they won't even hear it." That was true, I knew that was the only way in, but in any other occasion I had been way too scared to use it, because the one time I tried using the elevator before, they heard me and got me off the elevator and took me home as quickly as possible. After that, it took a long long time before I convinced them to let me come back to the mansion again. The elevator is really really old you see, is the kind of elevator that is made out of wood and metal, and that you have to manually close the door so it'll actually work, so it makes a lot of noise when it's used.