HE KNOWS

It's now the end of July, and things haven't gotten better between Draco and I. It's become a routine now. We fight, say hurtful things we don't mean, yell at each other, cry, say 'i love you', fix things, repeat.

I'm getting tired of this, and I know he is too. I just don't know what to do, because I swore to Dumbledore I wouldn't tell anyone about our plan, not even Draco, but I think that just maybe if he knew I'm not doing bad things because I enjoy them, but rather because it's part of our plan, he'd understand.

Then again I'm not sure if he'd take it like that, if he'd freak out or if he'd be angry at me, since we agreed not to ask for help. Who knows, I'm not planning on risking it. On the other side, though, Voldemort has been really taking me into account, letting me help him make plans and strategies for our next move. We heard about the Order of the Phoenix's plan to help move Harry from his muggle home to someone else's house from the Order, to try to keep him safe.

I was unsure what I should do when Snape first told us about it, after all I am supposed to try to help Potter as much as possibly can, but if I tried to say anything to change his mind about attacking, Voldemort would have gotten suspicious. So instead, I suggested I should go and help them too, when in reality I'll try my best to help Potter get safely to wherever he's planning on going, trying not to make it obvious because I can't just blow my facade.

I was ready, changed in my now normal all-black death eater attire. I walked out of my room, and walked to Draco's, knocking on his door. He opened just a few seconds after, and looked me up and down realizing I was getting ready to go with the rest of the death eaters.

"So you are going with them then." He said dryly, keeping a blank face. "Thought you were going to change your mind"

"Why would I? I already said I'd go with them, Voldemort wants me to help him, you know that." I said defensively. I really wanted to stay with him all day, not have to go out and possibly help capture Potter or his friends, but if I wanted to help him the best thing was to be there.

"Yeah, well... I guess I was just hoping you didn't want to take part in another murder." He said, stressing the word another, it sounding as if he was spitting poison towards me. I was so fed up with him

"Well, Draco, I'm sorry that now all you can think of me as is as a murderer, but you know what? Just think whatever you want to, I'm fucking done with you just saying shit and making it seem as though I enjoyed killing him and going out on missions." I snapped at him, getting really angry.

"Then why do you do it? You said you were scared of killing him, of being bad, but all I see is you becoming evil, acting exactly how he wants you to, becoming him." He wasn't screaming, but his voice was loud, reprimanding me for my behavior. I could see his eyes get glossy, covered in tears.

"Maybe that's what I am, maybe my destiny is to be just like him, to be bad, haven't you thought about it? It's literally what I've been prepared for my entire life!"

"Yes, and you always complained about it! Always said you just hated it and that you only did it because you wanted to make him proud. But now it seems like the only person you're doing it for is yourself." One tear rolled down his cheek, his voice breaking and still showing all the anger and frustration he was feeling. That really hit me bad, but I have to keep the act on.

"You should be happy for me if you're so sure I'm doing it for myself then." I said calmly, turning around and walking down the hallway, making my way to where the rest was already waiting for me.

----------

The night was really cold, and the smooth, thin fabric of my black robe was doing next to nothing at keeping me warm. We were just waiting patiently, looking in all directions ready to attack when they fly by where we are. After a while I was getting bored, and just as I was relaxing a bit, staring to close my eyes to rest for a second, we saw them flying by, some on Thestrals and some on brooms. Everything moved quickly, soon me and all the death eaters were flying towards them, sending curses and jinxed left and right.