A LETTER

So word ran around quickly about how Amycus had called me Riddle, and theories and rumors started to run around the school rather quickly. Some said I was Voldemort's daughter, which in a sense I was since he kind of adopted me, some said it was just a mistake that he called me that. Some asked me directly if I was actually the dark lord's daughter, but to all of them I simply would roll my eyes and walk away. It honestly got really boring rather quickly, before everyone seemed to hate me because I killed their beloved headmaster, but now most of the students were also really afraid of me, and would stay as far away from me as possible.

As for my friends, well let's just say they didn't take it well when they asked me and I didn't reply anything, they got angry and most of them weren't speaking to me anymore because for some reason it seems like it was my obligation to tell them I was Voldemort's daughter, even if I'm actually not, or I am, whatever.

November came around, and by now basically the only person who wasn't scared to death of me or angry at me was Draco, but he also happened to be acting like he'd rather just not spend time with me because well, he didn't want our friends to be mad at him too.

So I'm on my own, and I'm getting used to it. It's honestly even amusing sometimes how first years would get scared by me if I happened to be walking down the same corridor as them and they would walk the other way, but at the same time it's also really tiring how my friends aren't talking to me because either they're mad or the ones that aren't as angry don't want to get on the bad side of the ones who are. So that's that, life's fun.

----------

December arrived, and so did it's characteristic freezing cold weather and snow. I like it.
My friends are still not talking to me, but at least Draco seems to be wanting to spend more time with me, I guess he feels bad for me being isolated from everyone else.

It's Christmas break, and most students back home to celebrate with their families, however Draco and I decided that we should maybe stay at Hogwarts, which I was really thankful for, since I didn't particularly want to have to face Voldemort right now.

I stayed the night at Draco's private room, so when I woke up early in the morning I was a bit surprised when I found he was nowhere to be seen. The normally cold dungeons were freezing, and through the small window I could see the frozen lake outside.

I got up, wrapping a blanket around me to keep me warm, wincing a bit when my bare feet touched the cold floor. I looked in the bathroom, but Draco wasn't there either, so I decided to get changed and go downstairs to the common room. As I was walking down the stairs I could hear the fireplace on the background, and also the emptiness of the common room as there seemed to be no one around. When I got closer to the sofas near the fireplace, however, I noticed him sitting on one of them, playing with something in his hands.

"Draco?" I called out to him, and he quickly hid what he was playing with, turning to look at me. "What are you doing down here so early?"

He smiled at that, and chuckled a bit. "Darling, it's Christmas!"

"Oh, right." I answered confused, it still doesn't seem like a good enough reason to be awake so early in the morning. "So, what'd you get?" I smiled a bit, remembering the book and lots of candy I had gotten him.

"Well, I haven't opened any yet, I was waiting for you." He replied simply.

"Oh. Well then, I'm here now, let's open them!" I sat next to him, reaching out and getting one of the gifts directed for him. "Here, start with this one."

He took the gift from my hands, unwrapping it quickly to find a box that contained some books, a gift from Narcissa and Lucius. We kept on opening his gifts, he got new colognes, lots of candy from our friends, and a couple of new ties, as another gift from his parents, soon we got to his final gift, mine.