EXPERIMENT

So I thought we'd just be there until I managed to hit the center of the target with that one gun, I was wrong.

After about half an hour I'd managed to hit the center quite a few times in a row, which I felt proud for. But after that, he gave me a bigger looking weird gun, saying it was a rifle. After fixing my stance and hold of the weapon we spent another hour just training to that one. It was the same way I met the shotgun and a couple more types of firearm, which I learned was the term for them. He also said one of these days he'll teach me how to use a sniper rifle.

Since there are no windows or clocks I didn't know exactly what time it was, but judging from how hungry I felt I think it may be about time for dinner. I was now in my room, thankfully the so called soldier walked me back here or else I would have been completely lost. The door opened, and just outside of the room stood a brunette woman, dressed in a lab coat, looking at me with harsh eyes.

"Dinner time. Follow." She didn't wait for an answer, just started walking. What is with this people not even waiting to see if I'm following? Rude.

We walked a couple doors down from where my room was, and got inside a room with a bed and medical equipment.

"I don't think we're in the right place, this doesn't look like dinner." She didn't take it good, she pulled me inside the room and then pushed me towards the bed.

"Quiet, sit." I did as told, and she started rummaging through the medical equipment in one of the cabinets. As she was doing that, a man came in, a plate of food in his hands; he gave it to me and left.

I was so hungry I didn't waste any more time before I started eating. It was a small steak, potatoes and a cup of water, they barely tasted like anything but I was starving so I didn't stop to think about that.

While I was eating the woman, who had found whatever she was previously looking for, walked to where I was and without asking me first when took my left hand, inserting a needle in it, putting on an IV.

"What are you doing?" I tried moving my hand but she had a strong grip, and instead of answering she connected the IV to a weird looking serum. "What is that?" I was going pull it out, but she stopped me.

"Your father's orders." She said simply then walked out of the room.

I tried my best to ignore it as I focused on eating again, but the liquid burned as it came in contact with my veins.

I had finished everything from my small plate of food, when I realized I was feeling dizzy and sleepy. I tried closing my eyes but it just made it worse, and I ended up passing out.

-----

"Wake up, time for training." I opened my eyes, and saw the soldier standing by my bed, waiting for me. I sat up a maybe a bit too quickly because I got a little dizzy for a moment, but I ignored it and just got up from the bed. I remembered the IV on my hand, but when I looked to check it it wasn't there anymore.

"Let's go then." My voice came out small, weaker than I'd like to, but then again I was feeling weak.

We spent all morning training hand to hand combat, and after a quick meal we continued on the use of the firearms. Turns out I'm actually good at using them.

When we finished, I was brought again to the laboratory from before. The same liquid was injected to me, but this time it didn't feel as weird, there was still the same painful burning sensation as I felt it run through my veins, but I didn't feel as weird. After the serum was finished I was taken to my room.

----------

A few days have passed, and I had now gotten used to the same routine: wake up, train, eat something, train some more, have dinner then off to the lab I go. With each day I felt different, I'm not completely sure how but I know I do, and I didn't feel as bad with the serum they were giving me, in fact I think I could even say I'd gotten used to it, to feeling the liquid burning through my veins, running thought me.