ICE COLD

I wake up calmly as I hear the chirping of the birds in the distance, and the multiple little sounds of the creatures going on about their life. I open my eyes slowly, trying to adjust to the sunlight reflecting on the snow surrounding me.

I sit up, and stretch my arms and legs. I may have slept in the ground and on the snow, but it sure is the best sleep I've had in a long time.

Looking down at myself I am reminded I'm still wearing only the lab coat, and I find it weird because while yes I am cold, I don't feel nearly as cold as I should give the fact I'm only wearing that and I'm completely exposed to the snow and coldness around me.

Okay, note to self to get clothes asap, got it.

While still looking at myself, I see I'm still wearing the three metal things that hold each a distinctive and very different feeling.

First I realize of the ring Voldemort gave to me, still hanging around my neck by the little chain I'd put it in. Then, when looking down at my arms I see the stupid metal bracelet, okay I have to get rid of that shit soon.

It try to take it off with my other hand, but the bracelet gets burning hot making me snap my hand away from it.

"I wonder if..." I say out loud. I put my other hand on top of it again and I close my eyes firmly, thinking of snow and ice. When I open my eyes a couple of seconds after I see it worked, the bracelet is frozen, or at least that's what it looks like.

I try to take it off again, carefully in case it gets burning hot again but it doesn't, freezing it did work, but after trying and trying I am still unsuccessful at taking it off. Maybe if I hit it with something...

My thoughts get interrupted by my stomach growling loudly. Okay then, food first then clothes, and then the bracelet. I put my hand to my face, inspecting it one last time in hopes I can figure out how to take it off, sadly not seeing a way to do so, however something else catches my attention. The third metal object adorning my ring finger, Draco's promise ring.

Oh, Draco. I must be really fucking stupid, because after everything that happened I still want to go back to him, more than I want anything else right now. But even if nothing bad had happened, I still wouldn't go back.

I've managed to get far away from that Hydra place, and most important I've managed to get far far away from Voldemort. This is my opportunity to run away and never come back, get away from the war and from everyone that's hurt me, even if the thing I'd like more than anything else in this world would be to go back to them, even after what they did to me. But I don't have time to think about that right now, I have to keep going.

Pushing those thoughts aside I get up, dusting off as much snow as I could from my lab coat, and I start walking again.

----------

After walking for a while, and for what I can tell has been more than a couple hours based on the sun, I found a little town in the distance, so now with a little more hope I walk faster.

After about half an hour later I eventually get to the little town, and am welcomed with weird looks. As if I wasn't already aware I'm wearing a lab coat, thank you very much people.

I walk slowly, making my way across the little town. I walked by what seemed like the main street here, and got instantly hit with multiple different smells of food, making my stomach growl again.

I was busy thinking about how I could get food, walking without putting much attention to where I was going when I ran into someone, making them fall to the ground as I stumbled back. Looking in front of me I saw an old woman in the ground, looking confused.