AIM

"The sandwich was fair, the spring was a little rusty, the rest of the materials, I'll make do." Tony said as him, Harley and I walked down the main street of the city. "By the way when you said your sister had a watch?" Tony asks, stopping in the middle of the street we were turning to, the end of which was illuminated by candles, with pictures and flowers surrounding a big hole in a corner on the ground.

"Yeah?" Harley asks.

" Was kinda hoping for something a little more adult than that." He pulls his sleeve up, showing the kids pink watch around his wrist.

"She's six!" He laughs "Anyway, it's a limited edition." We start walking again towards the end of the street.

"He means to say thank you." I tell Harley, making him laugh as Tony gives me a look.

"When can we talk about New York?" As I was going to ask what he wanted to know about, Tony interrupted me.

"Maybe never. Relax about it."

"What about the Avengers? Can we talk about them?"

"I dunno, later. Hey kid, give me a little space." Tony walked a few steps away from us, raising his had to put some space between us.

"Don't worry, I'll tell you everything you want to know about later." I tell Harley, feeling a little sorry for him. He is just a curious kid after all.

"Okay. Hey, why don't you have a cool name like the rest of them?" Harley asks as we walk in front of Tony, stopping as we get to the zone of the explosion.

"Hey!" I say, feeling a little offended, but before I could say anything Tony cut me off.

"What's the official story here? What happened?" He walks to us, staying a couple of steps away as Harley walked to stand right by the edge of the hole.

"I guess this guy named Chad Davis used to live roundabouts." He sat down, while Tony and I walked around. I stopped by a wall that had letters, flowers and pictures remembering the victims of the explosion. "He won a bunch of medals in the army. And one day, folks said he went crazy and made, you know, a bomb. Then he blew himself up, right here."

"Six people died, right?" Tony asks.

"Yeah."

"Including Chad Davis." He affirms.

"Yeah, yeah." I look around, admiring the silhouettes of the victims on the walls, as if they had been tattooed there. But there were only five of them.

"Yeah. That doesn't make sense." He says quietly as he walks to where Harley was, sitting down next to him. "Think about it. Six dead, only five shadows."

As they had their little moment I walk to the nearest shadow, tracing it on the wall with my hand.

"Yeah. People said these shadows are like the marks of souls going to heaven. Except the bomb guy, he went to hell, on account of he didn't get a shadow." I hear Harley tell Tony. "That's why there's only five."

"Do you buy that?"

"It's what everyone says." I decide to walk back to them, walking through the middle of the crater to stand in front of them.

"What do you think? Could it be the work of one of your people?" Tony asks me.

"Not a chance." I say. "I don't know about a curse that'd do something like that leaving the shadows, besides there's no trace of magic I could perceive." I crouch down in front of them to be at their level.

"You know what this crater reminds me of?" Harvey asks all of a sudden. Not again with the same question.

"Here we go again." I say.