FREAK

When I woke up I could already tell it was late just judging by the sunlight covering the room. I got dressed and ready, then made my way to the kitchen.

Frowning a bit as I saw a plate of pancakes and maple syrup on the table with a note next to it, I picked it up to read it.

'Aillie,
Jarvis told me you were still asleep and I had to leave, but I made you breakfast!
-Enjoy, Pepper.'

That's really nice of her. I sat down and enjoyed my calm breakfast, pouring a lot of the maple syrup on the delicious tower of pancakes. After eating I put the dirty plate on the sink and I took the maple syrup bottle to the fridge.

Before I closed the fridge door something caught my eye, the pizza box from last night. Curiosity got the best of me and I opened it just a little, only to find out it still had the same number of slices I left for Tony. So he never had dinner?

I closed the fridge and made my way to the living room, then down the stairs to where I knew Tony's lab was.

When I got there I saw a glass door blocking my entrance, but I could see Tony inside, his back facing me, working on something on one of the multiple tables filled with things and what looked like separate parts of his suit.

I lightly knock on the door, then I knock again a bit harder since Tony hadn't seem to hear me. He finally reacted, and walking up to the door he pressed some buttons as he put a code and just a moment later the glass door opened.

"Hey, whatcha doing here?" He frowned. "Isn't it late? You should be sleeping."

"What? It's like way past eleven. In the morning." I start to worry, did he really not notice it? I mean, there's no nature's light here in the lab but like, he couldn't have possibly thought it still was last night, right?

"No, it's not." He laughed, then looked up as he spoke again. "Jarvis, what time is it?"

Jarvis's voice echoed through the room. "It is currently eleven thirty four, boss."

"Shit. Did Pepper leave yet?" He said as he walked back to the table that had the part of the suit he had been previously working on.

"Yeah, she did." I walked up next to him.

"Crap. Okay just call for me when she gets back." He shrugged.

"What?"

"Yeah. You got time to do whatever it is you kids do, she'll be here like at 6." He raised the part of the suit up, which I had now recognized as a part of the left arm, so he could see it better.

"Wait, so you're just going to stay here?" I frowned, I can't believe him.

"Well, I gotta finish what I'm working on before I leave." He said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"But you have to sleep! You haven't even eaten anything!" It was frustrating to try to understand his reasoning.

"Yes, and I'll do it once I've finished here." He was now going through the hologram-like screen, watching a digital version of the part he was working on.

"But I wanted to ask if you'd-" He interrupted me. I felt bad to bother him but I needed to ask if he would accompany me to England.

"Not now Aillie! I'm really busy here, okay?" I'm not exactly sure how I expected him to react, but I certainly didn't think it'd be like that. It took me a moment to be able to even process he'd actually snapped at me like that, so only after a couple of seconds I sighed before talking again.

"Sorry to bother you, then." I turned around and walked up to the door, that opened automatically this time, and before I even started walking up the stairs a loud rock song started blasting as Tony kept on working.