METALLIC

After having some stressful couple of first days, we finally made it to sunday. I met with Draco on the common room, and we went to the Great Hall to grab some breakfast. After eating as quickly as we could without looking suspicious, we walked out the Great Hall, getting away from all the students, and started making our way to the seventh floor.

It took a moment, but we eventually figured out and were able to get inside the Room of Requirement, and we went our separate ways, so that finding the vanishing cabinet would be easier and faster.

"I think I found it." I faintly heard Draco say from the other end of the room. "Yes, it is the cabinet." I saw while making my way over to where he was, as he pulled a dirty blanket, revealing the cabinet underneath.

"Well, we better get started then." I said, inspecting the cabinet, trying to take in every detail that might be useful. He sighed, as he pulled out his wand, ready to start his mission.

----------

"Now, as I was saying, I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be?" Said Slughorn, our new potions professor.

And of course Granger had to raise her hand. Poor little thing, so desperate to get on the teachers good side, it was rather pathetic if you ask me.

"Yes, miss...?"

"Granger, sir." She answered quickly, getting closer to the potions. "That one there is Veritaserum, it's a truth-telling serum." She pointed to one of them.

"Very good miss Granger."

"And that one there, terribly tricky to make, it's-"

"Amortentia." I interrupted her, rolling my eyes. I couldn't possibly stand her voice explaining this one too.

"Very good, miss..." He paused, waiting for me to tell him my surname. I looked at him, and as soon as he looked at my eyes, his whole mood changed. He got nervous, and it almost looked like his hands were shaking. "Are you... Is by any chance your last name... Riddle?" He said the last word more quietly than the rest, as if he was afraid of the name, afraid to ask, afraid of me.

"No, sir." I lied easily, but still frowning a little bit, how could he possible know? "My last name is Lestrange."

"Very well, miss Lestrange." He was very obviously trying to calm down, changing the subject back to the potions in front of us. "And do you know what Amortentia is?"

"Of course, sir." I smirked a bit, walking forward to get a closer look at the potion. "It's the world's most powerful love potion. Said to smell different to every person depending on what attracts them."

"You are quite correct. Would you mind giving us an example of what it smells like to you?"

"Of course, sir." I closed my eyes, taking in the smell from the potion. "It smells like apples" I remembered Draco and I, always including green apples in our breakfasts. "Cologne" I smiled, Draco's cologne. "And... Metallic." I said, taking a step back, going to my previous spot, next to Draco, who took my hand in his, and squeezed it.

"Metallic?" He whispered, obviously confused as well.

"I have no idea." I answered simply, trying not to think too much about what it meant, though I had a pretty good idea what it did.

~

I was eight years old, training on the room that had now been designated to my hand to hand combat and sword classes.

"Don't turn your back on me, even for a second. I could have killed you twice already." Said the man training me, I don't know him or how Bellatrix and Rodolphus got him to train me, but he's taught me a lot.