ASTORIA

January came quickly, and even though Draco and I were working on solving everything to have a healthy relationship and I spent a lot of my time with him, I still felt lonely most of the time. My friends were starting to talk to me a little more, I guess they finally understood that whether I'm Voldemort's daughter or not I must have my reasons for not wanting to tell them, and they're right. What upsets me though, is how quickly they turned against me when everything happened, and I can't deny I still held that against them.

Most students were still afraid of me, and some had started calling me the Slytherin heir or the Slytherin princess, since Voldemort's a descendant of Salazar Slytherin and it's funny because then so am I, just not because of him. Oh, and also because most teachers either were afraid of me, or favoured me in class.

I wonder if they now think it was also me who opened the chamber of secrets in second year, and you know what? I think I'd like to visit it one day.

----------

February arrived quickly, and the snow started melting, the cold of the winter fading away each day. I was now on better terms with my friends, and we hang out more often.

I hadn't had any news or letters from Voldemort, which to be honest kind of scares me more than if I had, what's going on?

It's the last week of February, and I was in my room examining the family ring Voldemort had sent me in Christmas, it can be really hypnotizing when you look at it, and even though from some angles it looks kind of broken I kind of feel a connection to it. I had found a pretty chain, and since the ring doesn't fit me I decided to put it on a chain so I could wear it as a necklace.

I had been thinking about my decisions a lot lately, about the deal I had made with Dumbledore, and even though we had agreed if I did my part he'd leave enough proof so both Draco and I would be forgiven, I couldn't help but think he deserves to know. The thought had been eating at me, specially since we were talking out about everything and trying to work on being honest for the sake of our relationship.

I was just sitting on my bed as I examined the ring, thinking about everything when I decide to tell him, he deserves to know. I look at my watch and realize it's time for dinner so I decide to go out and find Draco so we can go have dinner together. I walk in to the common room and see my group of friends sitting on the couch talking, so I decide to ask them.

"Hey guys, has any of you seen Draco?" They turn to look at me, all except from Daphne who instead looks to her hands. It was Blaise who spoke first.

"I haven't seen him since we came back from the lake, but I think he may be in the astronomy tower, you know how he likes to go up there to read." He said still smiling from whatever they had been talking about before I interrupted them.

"Yeah, and now that I remember I think he mentioned he wanted to talk to you about something." Theo said, seeming lost in thought as if remembering their conversation.

"Okay then, I'll go find him." I smiled at them, and was about to leave when I decided to ask about Daphne, who still hadn't even looked up to say hello to me. "Daphne? Is everything alright?" She looked up to meet my eyes, her cheeks turning red like she normally does whenever she lies about something. She looked really nervous, and her eyes looked like she wanted to say something so bad.

"No, everything's fine." Her answer came quickly, her voice shaking a bit. But I decided to let it slide, after all she'd tell me when she felt ready to do so.

"Well then, I'm off to find him. See you guys at dinner." They said their byes and see you laters then turned around to keep on talking about whatever it was that seemed to have them so interested.